Sims 3 Disc install

by annmp2

Original Post

Sims 3 Disc install

★★★ Newbie

I have tried and tried to install the Sims 3 on my pc, yes it is in a dvd drive, all it does is freeze up and wont even intall a bit, i then have to turn off my computer to even get the disc out =s  I have the sims 2 life stories(which i uninstalled to save space) and it will auto install just fine, do i have a bad disc or maybe some other problem =( please help

Message 1 of 8 (3,989 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Disc install

Community Manager (retired)

Hi annmp2,

Does the autorun program launch at all or not? Does it freeze during the autorun or does nothing happen?

If nothing happens, one option would be to browse your dvd to launch the autorun manually (Right click, Expand)

Another option is for you to register your game onto Origin (you can get Origin here) and enter your game code there. (Origin, Use product code)

From there, you will be able to download and install your game on your PC.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 2 of 8 (3,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The auto run does not launch at all, and when I tried to manually go to "run" and do it that way it just freezes and i have to restart the computer to get the disc out.  I will try the Origin way and let you know what happens.  It installed fine on my daughter's computer, so im not sure why it wont work on this one =s   i tried updating my drivers yesterday and it did nothing =(

Thank you so much for the advice i wll try it and post back.

Message 3 of 8 (3,947 Views)

Might be a problem with your disc reader if it won't work on your computer specifically... Try the Origin solution. It means you need to download the game from the internet which can take some time and I would understand the frustration, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. (Unless maybe your computer doesn't meet the system requirements?)

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 4 of 8 (3,944 Views)

★★★ Newbie

looked and it meets the requirements.  how do i use origin?  i got their launcher downloaded, do i have to buy the sims3 again?  or just enter my code?

Message 5 of 8 (3,941 Views)

Alright, first you might want to register your game at thesims3.com, using your Origin ID.

Once this is done, relaunch Origin. Your game should appear in the program and you will be able to download and install it.

If the game doesn't show up on Origin after you did that, try to enter the code directly on Origin (in the main menu, click "Origin" at the very top and "Use a game code").

Message 6 of 8 (3,939 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you soo much! You pretty much saved me! :cathappy:

Message 7 of 8 (3,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you relaunch

@eacharlotte wrote:

Alright, first you might want to register your game at thesims3.com, using your Origin ID.

Once this is done, relaunch Origin. Your game should appear in the program and you will be able to download and install it.

If the game doesn't show up on Origin after you did that, try to enter the code directly on Origin (in the main menu, click "Origin" at the very top and "Use a game code").

@eacharlotte wrote:

Message 8 of 8 (1,077 Views)