Sims 3 Disc Verification

by MunchkinKaty123

Original Post

Sims 3 Disc Verification

★★ Novice

I recently patched my game to the current patch and whenever I load up the disc I get past the loading screen and then it comes up with the 'Disc Verification Failure. The game is unable to verify that your Sims 3 Pets disc is genuine. Please contact customer service'

Any ideas??

Message 1 of 14 (1,833 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Disc Verification

Hero

If you are on a mac, try removing your custom content.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,820 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I am on Mac. I uninstalled at my custom content and I also uninstalled and reinstalled Pets and I still get the same message Frown

Message 3 of 14 (1,811 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If your game(s) are registered on The Sims 3 website and Origin you may just launch Origin and launch your game through the program. You won't be needing the CD in this case.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 4 of 14 (1,807 Views)

★★ Novice

I have them registered on the EA site and I still get the message. I never had this problem before I patched it to the most recent patch

Message 5 of 14 (1,801 Views)

Hero

Try moving the following folders to the desktop

- SavedSims

- DCCache

- DCBackup

- Downloads

- Library

- Mods (if you don't have that, ignore)

Also delete all your cache files

Go to documents\ea\thesims3 and delete these files

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Don't start your regular game cause this will rid you of lots of stuff. Just check if the message is gone or not

If that does not help, I have no more ideas

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,795 Views)

★★ Novice

I can play the game but only with base game content. It's better than nothing I guess

Message 7 of 14 (1,788 Views)

Hero

Did you actually put in the pets disc when playing with pets installed or did you try with the base game one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,785 Views)

★★ Novice

With the Pets disc as its the most recently installed expansion pack on my Mac. Unfortunately my base game disc is at university :/

Message 9 of 14 (1,773 Views)

Hero

How can you play the base game only then ? Can you play base game onyl with your pets disc (getting more and more confused)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (1,767 Views)