Re: Sims 3 Disc Verification

by idance1234

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have expansion packs so I can play the game with those items but I can't play it with custom content e.g content downloaded from third party sites such as TheSimsResource

Message 11 of 14 (307 Views)

Hero

Ok, lets recap (I've read to many of those thread so I think I'm confusing

1. You have the base game and pets installed and you are patched to the latest patch 1.38. No other expansion packs

2. You put the pets disc in to play the game

3. If you play the game vanilla, with no extra content added, you can play your game. You have everything pets and everything base game.

4. If you add anything (even just one item) from a third party site, you get the disc verification error

5. It's any kind of cc (package files as well as sims3packs) that give you the error.

Questions

1. Does the same apply for Store Content ?

2. Can you install houses and Sims that don't come with cc ?

Let me know if I got that summarized correctly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 14 (300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get the same problem - as do many mac users, I see! I tried to run it from Origin as you suggest but it still asks me for the disc, which it then says is not authorised so what is the point? The only way I can run it is to restart my mac. THere's always trouble for mac users, but then that's the price you pay for a far superior machine!!

Message 13 of 14 (245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So are you saying that if I restart my computer the game will not tell me I have the disc verification error?

Message 14 of 14 (167 Views)