Sims 3 Crashes to Desktop

by dkopl10

Original Post

Sims 3 Crashes to Desktop

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, I am having an issue with sims 3 through steam on Windows 7 64bit, it worked fine about 2-3 months ago, then one day it just never loaded up after the launcher.

when i click play in the launcher, it brings up a black screen with the little loading ring, then crashes to desktop with no error messages.

I have tried all the solutions on the web, i have tried, changing compatibility mode to all available options, running as administrator, clearing cache, reinstalling the game (2 times), adjusting screen resolution and graphic settings, turning off my antivirus program (McAfee), and others.

The expansion packs i have are, University Life, Island Paradise, Pets, and Into the Future.

No Mods or Third Party Content Installed

Here is my DXDiag File

Spoiler

Message 1 of 10 (350 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Crashes to Desktop

Hero

Specs look fine

Could you post this info: 

1. Click on Start and then type the following into the search prompt at the bottom: perfmon /rel
  2. Press Enter to proceed.
  3. A window will open and in there you can click on the red circles with a white X.
  4. After clicking the X, the info on the bottom will update. Choose the Sims 3 Critical Event one and right click on it and choose "View Technical Details"
  5. Now on the next window, choose Copy to clipboard at the very bottom and post this into a reply to us here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Description
The program TS3W.exe version 0.0.0.32 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1fc4
Start Time: 01d00952dcf207ac
Termination Time: 18
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
Report Id:

Message 3 of 10 (336 Views)

Hero

Not much info Frown

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried them all but no luck, have the same issue still,

My sims 3 version is 1.67.2.024037.

I have no idea what else to do Frown I loved playing the Sims Franchise

Message 5 of 10 (315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay this is crazy, i just pressed play on it for the last time as i gave up all hope on it and now it works fine, i did nothing and its just randomly loaded

Message 6 of 10 (314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is always lagging though

Message 7 of 10 (312 Views)

Hero

What worlds are you playing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it was Island Paradise

Message 9 of 10 (306 Views)

Hero

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (302 Views)