Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) - After installing fresh Sims 3 onto Mac

by bugbum74

Original Post

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) - After installing fresh Sims 3 onto Mac

★★★ Newbie

Can anyone shed any light on this error at all please? I have been reinstalling The Sims 3 initial game after downloading the latest update when I had ALL expansion packs installed up to Seasons all afternoon. I started with an error after installing the very first update that the when I tried to start the launcher an 'unknown error occurred' and the launcher wuld not even start! So I searched on the net and found instructions of how to by-pass the launcher until EA had found a fix for it - well now that I followed that, the initial blue game screen starts with the Sims emblem on it, then I get "Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" and it goes no further!

My Mac is a very good build with 16gb RAM in it, 2.7GHz i5 prosessor and plenty of room on the HDD - please help anyone?????

Thanks

Carrie

Message 1 of 2 (11,963 Views)

Re: Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) - After installing fresh Sims 3 onto Mac

Community Manager

Hi bugbum74,

Have you already tried everything that is explained here?

Service initialization failed

When starting the game I get the error message: "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (some number)".

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (11,906 Views)