Re: Script error on the Sims 3 launcher?

by Symb10tic

Original Post

Script error on the Sims 3 launcher?

★★★ Guide

123.png

This is what I am getting today, I tried clearing Internet Explorer's Cache and resetting internet explorer, my temporary files, and restarting laptop.

Message 1 of 9 (1,459 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@graceymanors What version IE (Internet Explorer) are you using?

Message 2 of 9 (1,447 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same issue which only popped up this morning. IE version: 11.0.9600.18816

Message 3 of 9 (1,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi, im having the exact same issue and my game freezes about 5 mins in, I have version 11.608.15063.0 

thank you

Message 4 of 9 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am on windows 10 and have the same problem

Message 5 of 9 (1,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

Help!!

Message 6 of 9 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@PrivateRyan217 @graceymanors @lauraelise92 @skyrockethoffman  This is an EA server issue not being able to communicate with Facebook to display something. Just click no to stop the script. You may have to click more then once. The launcher should then proceed as normal. and not affect the game play. I'm guessing the error will go away when Facebook corrects whatever it changed or EA corrects the script to whatever Facebook changed.

Message 7 of 9 (1,377 Views)

★ Novice
I got errors no matter how many times I clicked no, however, I started a new game and had no problems. Standard smile
Message 8 of 9 (1,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This started happening to me yesterday.  Every time I open the launcher, I get the same message.  I haven't had a chance to play the game though (it first happened during a Sims 3 Store purchase, which seemed to complete/download okay).  I can't see it affecting gameplay (at least, I hope not), unless it turns out that The Sims 3 is constantly trying to connect to that Facebook script or something.  I have read numerous reports online of these types of script errors supposedly affecting peoples' game though, often leaving them unplayable.

No matter what, I hope this gets fixed.  Soon.  I should've have an annoying error message pop up every time I play a game that I've spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on over the years and, thanks to the unnecessary patch 1.69, there is no way to bypass the launcher anymore to start the game.

Message 9 of 9 (1,339 Views)