Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
johooke

Script Error (Syntax) - Sims 3 Launcher

Hi,

When I click onto Sims 3 launcher a box pops up with the heading 'Script Error'. It then shows within the box that I have a Syntax Error, Line 18 and comes up with a link http://store.thesims3.com/api/user/balance?locale=en_GB&callback=updateBalanceCallBack. If I click yes to carry on running scripts Sims 3 starts but shortly after it becomes un-respondent and breaks down. I've looked on many forums on this and alot of people have this issue let it's remained unsolved.

If you could help with this matter it would be great I'd love to play the game without fear of it breaking down.

Thank you!

crinrict
Topics: 140
XP: 3,662
Solutions: 3,781

Re: Script Error (Syntax) - Sims 3 Launcher

I think those are just about the ads. I get them from time to time. Have you tried to to click NOT continue running the scripts ?

Do you want to install something or just start the game ? If you wanna play the game, you can bypass the launcher by double clicking on the file ts3w.exe file in programs\thesims3\game\bin

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
deadhearts666

I've been having this same problem as well, also when I play the game it the whole game freezes and I can't even Esc out of it. When I turn off the power button and it comes beck on, the launcher pops up and it has that error. I've been having this error quite often, I'd like to play Supernatural but I keep getting this error. I'm afraid if I disable the launcher then I will only be able to play just the game that I put in, not all the games I have with it. Can someone help, or make a patch for this? :smileyhappy:

crinrict

Try bypassing the launcher to start the game to see if the issue persists: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/m-p/714#U714 (scroll down to the appropriate paragraph)

Crin

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Keeper
nefret2011

I have a similar problem, but when I try to bypass the launcher, I can't find the file. There is a TS3.ex file, but it doesn't open when I make it into a shortcut on the desktop. I may be missing an upgrade, but with everything going wonky I can't get upgrades to install.

crinrict

Try the manual patch linked here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

If you don't have the ts3w.exe, use the superpatch.

Crin

Keeper
nefret2011

Had a little bit of a hiccup (forgot to uninstall the mod before patching) but it's working fine now. The script error still comes up, but I just press no and everything's fine.