Screen resolution out of proportion

by tattyteddy321

Original Post

Screen resolution out of proportion

★★★ Newbie

I have recently had to factory reset my laptop. I use windows 8.1. Before when I would play the Sims everything filled up the screen and it looked very nice and proportional.  Now I had to adjust the game settings display to the highest one, so once again I had a full screen during play time.  But now all my Sims are skinny alien looking things.  Even the heavy Sims are no longer big boned looking, but taller and slimmer and you can only tell I had made them fat when you have a side view of them and can see their tummy pouch.  Also when the game is starting the loading bar would fill up most of the bottom of the screen, now it is barely 4 inches (about 10 cm).  When I am on the main menu the box that has my games filled a healthy quantity of the screen, now it is small and compact.  I have messed with the screen display options but that hasn't done anything but make the background fill up the entire screen instead of having big black paned side panels next to my game.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (143 Views)

Re: Screen resolution out of proportion

Hero

What graphics card do you have ? Are your drivers current ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (137 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an intel driver and they are up to date

Message 3 of 4 (132 Views)

Hero

Try resetting the graphics card to factory settings then.

Don't know how that works on Intel but I'm sure google does.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)