Re: Sims 3 ultra freeze

by glitterglich

Original Post

Re: SIms 3 ultra freeze

Hero (Retired)

@glitterglich If you remove the mod and start a new game does it crash?

Message 11 of 42 (397 Views)

★ Apprentice

@roberta591 Well this is a new addition to my game. I opened a new world and it didnt crash but when I got to isla paradiso the entire world is grey, just grey land and blue water. I think this has something to do with me configuring the video card or whatever because now my game says it cant find it and now just looks weird. So new games arent affected by nraas, just the first game and maybe the second game, that could be why its not opening (though there could be something wrong with the custom content instead). Either way now I have three problems, so should I undo the changes i made to the sgr files to find my videocard again and start from there?

Message 12 of 42 (391 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@glitterglich I would recommend undoing the changes to the sgr files. Get the game back to a stable state. Some changes (cc/mods) you make are saved to the save file. undo the changes and start a new game and see if the problem is still there.

Message 13 of 42 (380 Views)

★ Apprentice

@roberta591 Okay im undoing the text i replaced in the sgr files, but im having a hard time remembering what the original numbers were. So I dont know how to find what the original text was DX

Message 14 of 42 (376 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@glitterglich Just look for the device id and the name of your video chip. (ie 0x0ed1 and Nvidia GTX 960 - what your card is) that should get you close to what you added.

Message 15 of 42 (370 Views)

★ Apprentice

@roberta591 Thanks, while I fix that I was just wondering something about the launcher. In the uploads section, if you delete a video or screenshot can you get it back because its not in the recycling bin and I was just wondering.

Message 16 of 42 (364 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@glitterglich If you delete a file (video or screenshot) using the delete button in the upload tab of the launcher as you should that is a function of the program and not the operating system so I believe there is no moving of files to the recycle bin. There may be a way to get the file back but you would have to know how the file system works. You would need a disk edit utility to edit the file allocation table (fat) and I don't recommend a novice to use this kind of utility. There are free un delete programs that may work if the data is not over written. Recommend downloading a un delete program (google it - there are many free ones) and you don't how well they work until you try them. Solving issues like this is how you get beyond novice gamer. I use a utility call Bart PE ( a live dvd). You have to be careful using these powerful utilities as they can easily damage the operating system and make your system unbootable (been there - done that). Years ago I needed to a be able to sub net a network by hand for certification tests (and I was pretty good at it) - today I pull out my smart phone and use an app - what can I tell you it's faster. The point is it's nice to know how you got there.

short answer - maybe (if it hasn't been overwritten) but it may not be easy.

Message 17 of 42 (339 Views)

★ Apprentice
@roberta591 thanks for the help, I finally got my sgr files back to their original state but my nraas game is still crashing after 3 seconds so I'm wondering what i should do now.
Message 18 of 42 (332 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@glitterglich Sorry it took so long to answer but while upgrading my internet service several small problems suddenly became big problems and issues were popping up faster then I could fix them. I now have a stable system again (at least I think it's stable). Some cc/mods may cause issues that will continue into the save image. The only way I see to salvage that game is to reload previous save images until you find a save that works. Here is a link to recover a save image - recover saved game

Message 19 of 42 (318 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes this seemed to work with my second game that crashed before opening. But my nraas game will get to the point the furthest save was and do the whole thing over again. So basically no matter what I do or how many times I reset, it will not run nraas efficiently without crashing. Glad to hear your computer is in stable condition (id like to say the same for myself xD)

Message 20 of 42 (312 Views)