SIms 3 pets won't install correctly?

by tigerspyro08

Original Post

SIms 3 pets won't install correctly?

★★★ Newbie

Ok so a year ago when i first got this game i installed it in my computer. (Which is one of those old computers with the monitors attached to the back, etc, etc) Well, this computer let all of my other sims 3 and 2 games play successfully. When i installed Sims 3 pets it installed successfully but when ever i did anything with horses the screen would flash dark and my computer would freeze and i would have to do Ctrl, alt, delete to get out of it. So i uninstalled it and returned it at the store and got a different copy, becuase the store manager said it may have copied the file wrong. SO i installed the one i have now and it did the same thing. That computer is like 5 years old so i can't blame the game for not working on it. So i installed the new copy on my sisters laptop which is a Compaq and has Windows 7. The game worked good besides a minor glitch which could be easily ignored. My sister wouldn't let me play in on her laptop so i went 9 months after that and waited to get a different laptop. This laptop (which i'm using right now) Is a HP Pavilion g series and also has Windows 7. The guy at the store says it's stronger then my sister's computer and will be able to play sims 3.  Well i installed sims 3 and it works fine. I installed sims 3 pets demo and that works fine also. But when i installed Sims 3 pets it won't load all the way without getting errors. Help?

Message 1 of 7 (2,434 Views)

Re: SIms 3 pets won't install correctly?

Hero

What errors are you getting ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps below:

If you have Microsoft Windows XP:
1. Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar.
2. Select Run.
3. Type dxdiag in the available text field.
4. Click OK.
5. Click Save All Information.

If you have Windows Vista/Win 7 and do not have a Run selection:

1. Click On Start
2 Type dxdiag into Search Box
3. Click Save All Information.

Either use two posts to post all or only post the part up to [sound device].

Please let me know if you have a switchable graphic card. That usually does not show in the DxDiag.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The error was:  File:F:/Caches/Appaloosapalins.objectCache Error:Data error(cyclic redundancy check)

I did the steps you told me to do about the dxdiag. Here's the info:

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Proccesor: AMD A6-3420M APU with RADEON(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~ 1.5GHz

I'm not really sure if i have a switchable Graphics card

Message 3 of 7 (2,430 Views)

Hero

See if any of these help you: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok i looked at the link you just sent me and a couple of people HAVE told me that it may be the disc. I have tried installing the game on two different computers and the same error shows up in the same place while loading. I might swap discs but it's a shame that my 30 day swap offer  has expired...looks like i'm saving up more money. Thank you so much for helping me!

Message 5 of 7 (2,412 Views)

Hero

You can get the download version instead. Just redeem your serial code on Origin, uninstall the disc version and then download the Origin one.

You might even get a replacement disc from EA.

See this thread for details: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (2,409 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Message 7 of 7 (2,378 Views)