Re: Sims 3 on Windows 10

by sorrowfulangel69

Original Post

Re: SIms 3 on Windows 10

★★★★★ Newbie

If i was you i shouldnt download windows 10 yet and stay by 8 i got 8,1 btw euhm it should be fine after years but right now windows 10 still have in general to much problems, its why i havent yet either because some people did and they told me how much problems it still has.

It can mess up your computer badly by downloading 10 already and then you should need to find out how to get 8 back you know so i suggest you not to.

Message 41 of 71 (2,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What is compatibility mode?

Message 42 of 71 (2,405 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem!!! Respond when you have the answer.

Message 43 of 71 (2,354 Views)

★★ Guide

The version of The Sims 3 downloadable from Origin including its Packs uses EA's own tech and is compatible with Windows 10.

So if you are having problems, redeem your codes from disc versions on www.thesims3.com and download the Origin version.

Also try the following

• In the Search bar (bottom left) type: Internet Explorer
  • Click the IE link
  • Click the cog in the top right of the browser
  • Select Internet Options
  • On the GENERAL tab under BROWSING HISTORY click DELETE
  • Make sure COOKIES AND WEBSITE DATA is selected and PRESERVE FAVORITES WEBSITE DATA is de-selected then click DELETE
  • Run The Sims 3

Note: Deleting Internet Files from Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera will NOT suffice. It HAS to be Internet Explorer.

Also, create a The Sims 3 icon on your desktop, right click it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. Being an Admin on the PC is not the same as running a program as Administrator unless you disabled UAC in your Windows settings. If you don't know what UAC is, you didn't disable it.

Message 44 of 71 (2,287 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having an issue I bought Sims 3 Deluxe and it wont istall I can click inst6all all day long and it does absolutely NOTHING. very frustrated and am tempted to sell my laptop to try another  but I d like to try to get it to work and install before I make that choice. 

Message 45 of 71 (2,278 Views)

★★★ Novice
For Sims 3 I did the compatibility stuff(On Windows 10 laptop) and Ill be doing something and the music stops for a min then comes back on for 5 seconds and blacks out then the screen will go to my desktop and tell me its not working. Troubleshooter wont fix it. They game runs really slow too.
Message 46 of 71 (2,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 3 will not load properly in Windows 10.  I don't get compatability mode just compatability troubleshooting.  I cannot get it to load into the my games section.  

Message 47 of 71 (2,088 Views)

★ Novice

i had windows 8 when i first downloaded the sims 3 on it an today i just upgraded to windows 10 and the way i view my screen is different when i play the sims 3 and im not sure how to change it back.....if anyone has any advice, PLEASE HELP!

Message 48 of 71 (1,902 Views)

★ Novice
How to go in comparability mode
Message 49 of 71 (1,818 Views)

Hero

Right click on the game short-cut and choose properties. There you should be able to choose compatibility mode

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 71 (1,814 Views)