Re: SIMS 4 needs an update I already have

by roberta591

Original Post

SIMS 4 needs an update I already have

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've been playing Sims 4 for about 1 1/2 weeks now. I had to update it 4 times already but now I can't play anymore. I just did the last update and it won't go "off update mode". It says I have to install mandatory updates, otherwise I couldn't play - I did that but it won't work anymore.

Does anyone know what to do? I already switched off origins and logged in again but nothing happened.

Message 1 of 4 (254 Views)

★ Novice
Hello!

The first step I would do is to make sure your Origin is updated, as it can cause problems if not.

After you update Origin, If you are still experiencing the problem I would try to reinstall the sims. I know it can take awhile but I would make a backup of your saves and see if that works.

Finally if all else fails I would try to contact EA support!

Hope this helps!
Message 2 of 4 (245 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@beckywallflower There is no reason to reinstall the game. There is a way to reset the game to factory without reinstalling. What I would recommend is open Origin - right click the game icon - click repair game. This may correct the issues.

Message 3 of 4 (235 Views)

Hero

Hi @beckywallflower

did you have the option to repair the game if you right click on it in Origin ? If so, try that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (218 Views)