SIMS 3 AND PROCESSOR

by PAOLADANILO

Original Post

SIMS 3 AND PROCESSOR

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have sims 3 with two expansion ( Seasons and Animal&co, ). Until december 2014 I played well using cd and after formatting I tried reinstalling through Origin (I haven't cd anymore).

Then, if I install only sims 3 it's ok, but if I install the first exp. Animal&co. the game doesn't start! Afetr many researches, I found that the problem is in minimum requirements of expansions : they want, for win 7 ( I have a 64 bit ) a processor "P4 2,4 ghz or equivalent" and now I have 1-1,15 ghz that is ok only for sims 3 standard game! How is possible this?

I have a processor " AMD Brazos Dual Core C-60 " with graphic card APU with Radeon HD 6290.

Message 1 of 10 (402 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 AND PROCESSOR

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (387 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I think is no necessary, because I have understood that the real problem is in my processor. I have 1-1,3 ghz in power and is low also for sims 3 standard game ( even if it runs quickly, with patches and store objects ) that wants 2-2,4 ghz.. My laptop has more than two years ( I bought it in january 2013 ) and now it doesn't supports expansions...strange how in the past my laptop could launch my all sims 3 games.

Message 3 of 10 (380 Views)

Hero

If it was a better computer, then that's not strange.

New computer isn't necessarily better. They have all kinds of low-end computers nowadays that are only good for Internet and watching videos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (377 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Than how was possible I played well before?

Message 5 of 10 (373 Views)

Hero

Without the expansions ? Well, the expansions raise the specs even more. So it's possible you can play base game only but not with added extras.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I played well WITH expansions, using cd.

Message 7 of 10 (345 Views)

Hero

your dxdiag would still be helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (323 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, I have already posted in my recent question http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-doesn-t-start/m-p/4691986#M196940 ( don't consider text ) but I think I have to post an updated dxdiag, right?

Message 9 of 10 (314 Views)

Hero

Oh, ok. You should usually bump your threads if you have further issues instead of making a new thread since so much info is lost when you do.

Just don't do it too often but it's ok if you don't get an answer within 48 hours

Please post again if anything has changed but I really don't know why you were able to play before. You're below specs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (305 Views)