Redeem a Code Broken

by CutieKitsune

Original Post

Re: Redeem a Code Broken

EA Sims Team

Hey all, just to let you know. We found the cause of the problem you reported in this thread and have released an update to the website to address it.
You should now be able to redeem codes properly without experiencing the endless loading.

Thank you for your reports and if you experience any other issues redeeming your codes on TheSims3.com let us know.

Message 31 of 35 (2,206 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just purchased the standard bundle of Roaring Heights because I wanted to legitimately buy worlds from the store instead of pirating them from the internet. I had the issue of continuous loading, refreshed and nothing happened. In fact, the home screen for the store came up instead and no updates to my simpoints or purchase history occurred during this time.

I tried the link supplied by someone further up but received the message stating that the code was invalid or had already been used. It's acting as if it worked when my purchase isn't visible anywhere on the website. I also tried in Origin but it says the code can't be redeemed with the client and that I should go to the Store site. I really wanted to install alongside The Boardwalk venue and other items before opening my game so I can mass-test/look at everything in one go.

Can you please tell me if there's a grace period I should wait before logging back in to my account and being able to see the World and SimPoints (bundle) being added to the respective parts of my account successfully? I used my debit card to purchase after being redirected to Origin from the Store site as well. I don't know if this had anything to do with the delay or not but thought it was worth mentioning.

Message 32 of 35 (651 Views)

@Onyx-Citaro  You can try clearing all of your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher and store site do for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

clear IE cache:  https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Store glitches typically resolve themselves in a few hours or a day.  But if you'd rather not wait, or you're concerned about charges to your account, you can contact EA customer support for help.  Someone on that end will be able to tell you if the code you bought has indeed been added to your account, and if something went wrong, issue you a new code.  But make sure that you've addresses the possible issues on your end first.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 35 (642 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  The problems in this thread: Redeem a Code not working, Account Info and Settings being unavailable in game, it being the purchased games (roaring heights, monte vista, etc.) that it is needed for. This is the old problem that I am currently dealing with.

Message 34 of 35 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello @MaxisBazajaytee @EA_Mai,

I am hoping this reaches you, because I have been experiencing a problem with my account for 2 yrs now, and am not getting a response going through ea help about it. I am reaching out to you because the problem is old, mentioned in this thread, and you seem to have found an answer for it. It has been so disappointing receiving Dragon Valley, and Monte Vista as a Christmas gift, and then never being able to play them, even knowing re-buying them would do nothing. I have the codes, but I cannot access the redeem a code page (nor purchase history, nor billing history). My tickets have been shut down before even when I said the problem was not fixed. Currently they are just left open and unresolved. Please help. I feel powerless and unable to reach anyone who can fix this. I just want to play my game.

I have attached some screenshots of the problem that I hope will be helpful. The first three are on store.thesims3.com. The upper right only flashed for a moment before changing into the bottom left. The bottom right was me trying a solution mentioned here, going to the igs link. I was not able to capture a screenshot in game where I am logged in, but Account Info & Settings is not present.

Thank you for your understanding

Message 35 of 35 (511 Views)