Really frustrated & disappointed!

by Phebous

Original Post

Really frustrated & disappointed!

★ Novice

I have spent a fortune on this game and its expansion packs since it came out in 2009. NOT ONCE have I had a solid gaming experience without issues. I have gotten to the point where it's just infuriating. I've installed it on three different computers and it has not worked on any of them. First two were Toshiba notebooks with low end graphics cards so I understand that it may have not met the game requirements. Because of this, I upgraded to an ASUS gaming laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GT 650M graphics card and 4 hard disc drives which is more than enough space for the game I'm sure. I've checked and it meets the system requirements by a long stretch. 

Regardless, I start up the game, and no more than 5 minutes into the game it crashes to the desktop with an error message "the Sims 3 has stopped working." For a while I just dealt with it and saved my game every five minutes but eventually the crashing got worse and I couldn't fit a single decent minute of gameplay in.

I have tried EVERYTHING there is to try. Deleting .cache files, checking system requirements, Ending processes and enabling apps or whatever, I even downloaded a custom fix for common game problems and all sorts of other weird "solutions". All it really did was created more problems. I've uninstalled the game and all it's expansion packs (I have Generations, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, and I had World Adventures but uninstalled it permanently because I thought maybe it was taking up to much space) and reinstalled all the others MULTIPLE TIMES, deleted ALL store content and custom content, the game is up to date, etc.

I thought maybe it would help if I downloaded the latest store content patch, now, on top of the crashing issue, the startup screen is completely empty. I can't start my game at all as the options bar is empty and there are no towns to choose from. I can't do anything except restart my computer and try again.

I'm tired of spending all my time trying to fix my game just so that it's remotely playable, rather than actually playing it. I'm frustrated, dissapointed, and desperate. I got it when it came out in 2009! That's five years ago and I have not been able to do so little as move a household in. I know it's just a game, but I've probably spent over $200 for the base game + expansion packs and stuff packs by now and I just wish I had returned the game and got my money back. I thought maybe it was the disc so I've registered my games on origin, uninstalled and reinstalled them with the digital download versions, has not helped at all. I'm out of ideas.

Please help!

Message 1 of 2 (106 Views)

Re: Really frustrated & disappointed!

Hero
  • Did you remove all those obscure fixes you've downloaded ?
  • Did you start over each time you got a new computer or move over the user files ?
  • At this point, I would do a clean reinstall again and then just install the base game, patch it and try how it works: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall
  • Make sure to rename your user folder so that the game creates a new one
  • Get rid of any obscure fixes you've installed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)