Re: Sims 3 store content will not install

by hekey1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

It all started when I would go into CAS to edit my sim. Only a few minutes in, my game would freeze and I had to manually power off my computer (iMac desktop. The blue mouse would go to the black normal one, and I had to press and hold the button at the back to shut down the computer) 

So I decided to run my game without CC (By clicking the little box in the launcher screen) I ran my game, entered CAS and my game ran fine. No freezes. 

Then I decided to run my game WITH CC. I un-clicked the little box, thinking all was well. But it wasn't.

I ran my game, entered CAS, and no CC or store content was there. Not even in buy/build mode.

Then I came here. I followed all the instructions/advice. (Deleting files, re-installing etc.) I deleted everything, went to TheSims3.com and re-downloaded everything. I've tried everything here and that I can think of. The only thing I will NOT do, is re-install all of my games, as I have 9. I have also tried playing as another family to see if it was just my family or the town. Same problem. No CC or store content. 

If ANYONE has suggestions, I will listen and follow any of them (to an extent) 

I have bought about $90 of store content, and I will be VERY upset if I cannot play my game without it.

Thank you

Message 1 of 18 (996 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora @rumbutter

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

I just launched my game and moused over the box in the launcher that says "run game without custom content"

I read what the warning message said, and it said that all objects will be PERMANENTLY replaced with basic objects.

So, I searched up "Sims 3 how to run game with custom content after clicking the box"

And I read some forums, and after un-installing and re-installing over 5 times, turns out all I had to do was click the box, click "cancel" on the warning message and un-click the box.

Launched my game, everything was there! 

A Christmas miracle! 

Thank you so much for all of your time and effort to help a ridiculous problem with such a simple yet ridiculous answer.

Merry Christmas! :D

View in thread

Message 13 of 18 (1,231 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@hekey1

made a thread of your own for this issue the other thread you posted in is mostly PC assistance ( don't worry you didn't do anything wrong ) tagging a Mac player/helper to offer assistance to you

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 2 of 18 (990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@rumbutter Thank you. I will keep trying tomorrow to fix my issue. I've had enough today quite frankly. Hopefully someone can help me with these ridiculous issues. Worst comes to worst, I will just have to deal with not having my CC. Many thanks in advance. 

I just sent @Bluebellaflora a message explaining my problem. I'll keep you posted and letting you and anyone else who happens to stumble upon this thread know the progress

Hopefully we can find a solution!

Thank you again Standard smile

Message 3 of 18 (980 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile

i know and do understand the frustrations the game can throw at us at  times and I'll keep my fingers crossed something will work out

had a search and found bluebellflora's Mac guide here http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/MAC-READ-FIRST-Links-to-MAC-Help-Threads-amp-Guides/td-p/749664

and her blog http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-mac-help/

Message 4 of 18 (967 Views)

@hekey1

Have you dragged your Sims 3 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts onto your desktop and relaunched your game? How does it play? Sometimes the only option is to completely uninstall and reinstall the game unfortunately. If you do uninstall please make sure you get rid of every single residual file. Even leaving just one file behind can compromise a new install.

For help on successfully installing store content (it can be a bit temperamental) please read my guide here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 18 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

I have not yet tried moving the Sims 3 folder onto my desktop. I have tried moving the DCCache folders and deleting the files in the DCBackup folder, except for the ccmerged, then reinstalled my store content and relaunched my game, however that did not work. I tried it about 3-4 times. Will try moving the Sims 3 onto my desktop folder though. 

When I play the game, the game runs fine. Runs just the same as it would if it had store content. Just takes a long time to load as per usual. 

I may or may not uninstall my game. I may just have to suck it up and play without my store content. However, I just checked out your instructions, and they are fantastic. So easy to follow. I really appreciate that you take so much time out of your day(s) to help people on the internet. I really do appreciate it. 

I have not tried installing the items in 4 pieces at a time. I will try that as well. 

I apologize for personally messaging you, I wasn't sure if I should just tag you, or message you. In hindsight, I should have just tagged you as it is not necessary to respond to a problem one on one. Again, my apologies. 

May I just say, I've spoken to many EA officials with my problems before, and never has it been this easy with them. At times, they do not even know the answer. I deeply want to thank you again for all the time/frustration you've put into this game and helping people.

I will try your suggestions with re-installing the content step by step.

I'll keep you posted if you like.

Many thanks  

Message 6 of 18 (957 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@rumbutter

Thank you so much for helping me. I would NEVER have found out about @Bluebellflora if you didn't mention them. 

You went out of your way, to help someone you don't even know. Same goes for @Bluebellflora

I appreciate the advice from you 2 so much. 

At the end of the day, if my store content does not get installed, I am so grateful that you and @Bluebellflora were able to help me in so many ways.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 

Message 7 of 18 (955 Views)

@hekey1

You're more than welcome, thank you Standard smile

Good luck and yes please, do let us know if/when you manage to get it all working properly.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 18 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Alrighty, I just tried installing my content in little pieces (4 items) 

Sadly, it did not work Frown

I've accepted that I just can't play my game with my content. 

I played without content before, so I can do it after too. Right? Right. Standard smile

I'm glad that I had a few months with it. 

Maybe I'll try again later. 

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you so much for all of your help @Bluebellflora and @rumbutter

Even though it did not work, thank you so much for helping me. 

I'm actually playing Sims 3 right now! Still fun without the content. Not the end of the world.

Again, thank you so much Standard smile

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Message 9 of 18 (939 Views)

@hekey1

Frown

Is it showing up as installed in the Launcher? Or are you getting the black screen? Did you try moving out the Sims 3 folder, starting up the game so it was re-created, then installing the content?

At least you're managing to play though Standard smile

Happy Christmas to you too Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 18 (936 Views)