[READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

by SandArcher

Original Post

Re: [READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

Hero

Hi @theerikaleigh

When you go to this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims3\ does that exist ? If so, did you try changing the rights on this as described here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/08/game-already-running/ (ignore the actual error, just try what's under solution, for Sims 3 not 4)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 95 (1,891 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

If I just run the base game without any patches, it works fine. However, I want to patch so I can install expansions.

How far do you get? Run the launcher, but nothing can be clicked on & an error message is displayed. 
Are you getting any error messages - if so, please post it "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details"
What anti-virus are you running? AVG Internet Security 2015
Are you using the administrator account? Yes
Have you tried the suggestions above (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)? Yes

Message 52 of 95 (1,820 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm pretty sure the update is the issue. I've tried using the launcher to update, updating with older patches, and using a super patch.

However, the version number always seems to change to 0.0.0.0 after a patch.

Message 53 of 95 (1,817 Views)

★ Novice

My problem right off the bat is that I DLed and installed all the SIms 3 stuff (and I have all expansions and stuff packs etc, I still have Sims points to spend on the store!) through Origins.  There is no desktop shortcut for me to use to check compatibility. All I have been able to find so far is the install file, and running that as admin just attempts to reinstall the game on my computer.

Will there be a patch released to make all the Sims 3 content work with Win 10? I like the game a lot and I hate to have spent that much money and not be able to play Sims 3.

Message 54 of 95 (1,785 Views)

Hero

It works for most. Are you getting the error during startup error (unclear on that) ?

Did you just upgrade to Win 10 without reinstalling the game or did you reinstall it ? It sounds like something is off in the registry.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 95 (1,780 Views)

Re: qrigin on windows 10 pc keeps closeing down why

★★ Novice

Sims 3 Error

Operating System: Windows 10

Message 56 of 95 (1,718 Views)

Re: qrigin on windows 10 pc keeps closeing down why

Hero

Did you renistall the game when updating to Win 10 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 95 (1,709 Views)

Re: Incompatibility with Windows 10

★★★★ Apprentice

I actually had to purchase another computer because my Windows 7 laptop's hard drive failed. I now have a Windows 10 notebook and was successful installing the Sims 3 expansions and stuff packs BUT no matter what I try, I cannot install the Worlds and store bought items from the Sims 3 store. Has anyone experienced this problem? My next attempt is going to run as Administrator. Hope this attempt does not cause further problems. I appreciate any help I can get.

Message 58 of 95 (1,693 Views)

Re: Incompatibility with Windows 10

Hero

What symptoms/error are you seeing when trying to install those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 95 (1,690 Views)

★★★ Novice

Main issues: random crashing (not the biggest deal but it always happens in CAS unless its an already existing sim).

-no update button on my launcher. I'm on origin not steam.

I'm the admin, i'm running windows defender and disabling it doesnt make a difference, no error messages, compatibility mode doesn't make a difference.

Dxdiag:
pastebin com/tRuNbcK7  

other info: all these problems have been going on since I started my game (i've been playing for probably a month) on a new laptop. i have high loft stuff, seasons, late night. doesnt make a difference when i play just the base game or just late night

Message 60 of 95 (1,594 Views)