Re: [READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

by CreatureCola

Original Post

Re: READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

★★★ Newbie

The sims 3 will not work in any with any windows program, it did at first then it stopped.  Tried to uninstall and reinstall but the dvd player wont recognize a disc in it.  So I went back to reset point and still not working.

Message 61 of 95 (2,563 Views)

Re: READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same problems as most others here.

I've done the mentioned steps, my drivers are up to date, I tried running it in XP-mode, I tried resetting to factory settings and so on and so forth. No luck.
I never even get the game started. I just get the launcher with the startup error message asking me to check the log for more info...

I just bought the game as a digital purchase - and frankly I am quite angry as this seems like money straight out the window which I honestly can't afford..

I - like most other - was running Win7 up until a couple of weeks ago where everything went over to Win10. I bought the game and installed it - and tried reinstalling

it as adviced, through origin, yet it seems I just wasted a ton of cash just to be screwed over by EA.... 

I've attached my dxdiag - unless this problem can be solved, I will without a doubt be calling up EA to inquire for having my money refunded. This is beyond bad 

service, bordering commercial theft even!!

Frown

Message 62 of 95 (2,537 Views)

Hero

You only seem to have a integrated graphics chip. 

How many expansion packs do you have ? Did you try lowering your settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 95 (2,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello  Fellow Simmers!

I'm letting you know how I was able to get TS3 (and all expansions) to work on my new windows 10 laptop.

I followed all of the instructions listed above on this thread. But I also tweaked some things to make it run on my computer.

1. I updated my driver using the AMD driver download

2. I ran the game with the suggested compatibility mode

3. I turned off the firewall/antivirus

4. Factory Reset

I was able to load my base game. (and my expansions after these steps)

I ran the base game and changed the options in the menu screen.

I moved all the graphics to medium and set the refresher to auto.

My expansions are registered or downloaded through origin. 

So what I did was start the launcher, and then add (check mark it) one expansion and then run the game, all the way to choosing a neighborhood and household and then quit the game.

Then I would check another expansion, plus the one I had checked before and run the game again, all the way to choosing a household mode and then quit the game again.

I did this through every expansion and pack... yes it took a long time, and I have every expansion and pack.  But it worked, and my game runs fine.

I hope this helps someone. Standard smile

1) Updating your drivers for Windows 10

Make sure that you've installed the Windows 10 drivers for your graphics card.

Note: For older graphics cards, Windows 10 drivers may not immediately be available. Check the link to your graphics card manufacturer above for the latest available driver.

2) Running the game in compatibility mode  ( Official instructions )

• To run your game in compatibility mode, do the following steps: 
  • Right-click on the Sims 3 icon on your desktop and choose "Properties" 
  • Go to the compatibility tab and choose Windows XP Service Pack 2 
  • Apply
  • Try launch your game

3) Make sure your anti-virus / firewall isn't causing the game to crash

•  Disable your anti-virus / firewall and try launch the game

Remember to enable your anti-virus / firewall if it doesn't help or once you've finished playing! 

4) Try doing a factory reset ( thanks to @pekesims for the instructions! )

• Rename your theSims3 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to Sims3_Backup
  • Start the game or the launcher
Message 64 of 95 (2,489 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried everything here but nothing worked. TS3 Launcher not working. But when I tried to run another incompatible software in windows 10, it says 'download  and install .Net Framework 3.5 (2.0 and 3.0 include).  After the installation, that software worked perfectly. Then I tried to run ts3 launcher again. IT WORKED!!!!  

Guys, if any suggestions given in this post didn't worked, try installing .Net Framework 3.5 (which also include version 2.0 and 3.0 or install them separately.). It will work.

Look at these screen shots.

Message 65 of 95 (2,313 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue with Sims Medieval. Updating my GeForce graphics card seems to have solved the problem at first look. I haven't tried reinstalling Sims 3 to see if it fixed the problem there too. However, in late 2016 it seems they fixed the issue.

Message 66 of 95 (1,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything here and not but to no avail. I recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 and started trying to play TS3 on the evening of 12/29/16. It started off pretty good until it crashed not long after moving my family into their home on Isle Paradiso. I lost anything I did after moving in so I took those sims, added 2 more I forgot to add (including a dog). I managed to have those working for a few minutes until the game crashed yet again. Now whenever TS3 starts up it works fine until the save is done loading. Once it's loaded I'll get the message about Windows trying to solve the problem. I can get into the launcher, into the menu, but as soon as the saved is loaded it decides to stop working just about instantly. I get no more than 5 seconds before the game crashes. 

Setting compatibility to XP doesn't work, going into windowed mode instead of fullscreen doesn't work, it's not my firewall, the AMD driver program download thing straight up doesn't work for whatever reason (I doubted it'd be the driver since this is a new Windows 10 already installed laptop and it runs Overwatch perfectly fine), and a factory reset doesn't really help me when I'm just trying to access my save file. I've been trying to fix this for so many hours that I lost track of time only to now see that it's 5 AM on the 31st!

No matter what I do it doesn't work. I'm legit so frustrated that I might cry. The DxDaig thing for my laptop is the attachment. Someone please help me, I can't even seem to find anyone with the same exact issue as me. I don't know what's wrong.

I have all the EPs, Master Suite, and Movie Stuff installed (I also have a few more stuff packs I haven't gotten around to installing yet). I also have CC and some mods, but they've never caused me issue before (they're transferred from my old Windows 7 laptop and any CC/mods that have given me issues aren't included). My sims are also using some of the CC so I don't want to try and load up the save without them in the downloads folder. I might try making a new save, but this is just beyond frustrating and I want a solution in case this becomes a problem yet again with that new save. Please and thanks for any help, I'm just so tired and frustrated of the 8+ hours of trying and failing to fix this.

Message 67 of 95 (1,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've also tried everything here and everything I can find online and I'm still getting 0x0175d824 when trying to launch the game. The odd thing is it was working in windows 10 but I had to upgrade to pro and it stopped working when I upgraded to pro because I need remote desktop. I attached the DxDiag.txt and I tried every compatibility mode back to XP sp2. My .net framework says Release 394802 (0x00060632) and version 4.601586 . Do I need to uninstall all and re-install origin in compatibility mode so it will install sims in the right mode? I got new codes for expansion packs for Christmas and haven't even gotten a chance to use them.

Message 68 of 95 (1,885 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine was working fine on Win 10 until I recently bought Movie Stuff and now it won't recognize my log in and also will not open the launcher, or crashes the launcher. Even when I manage to get into the game proper, I can't access my downloaded things since it won't let me log in to my sims 3 account. I've tried running as Admin, running from Win XP Service Pack 2, Win 7, Win 8. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Message 69 of 95 (1,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just bought the sims 3 and 3 expansions on Steam and installed, the game said i'd need to input the keys which it never actually asked for??? but it's letting me play... or at least lets me create half of my sims face before " not responding " and shutting the game down. I tried reinstalling it, reinstalling my graphics card drivers, idk what's wrong. i registered the serial keys for the sims packs online, im guessing that's why it never asked me for them, although i didn't do that until after i tried playing the game for about 5 mins with a pre-made family. which worked fine the 5 mins i played btw...  i lost a pet today and another had a stroke and her back legs dont work. i bought this game again to try and relax and avoid stress but all it's doing is stressing me out more... 

Message 70 of 95 (1,664 Views)