Re: Purchased sims 3 digital download but can't download origin to play it!!!!!

by jc8437ch

Original Post

Purchased sims 3 digital download but can't download origin to play it!!!!!

★ Novice

I am so annoyed..... I bought the sims 3 starter bundle and when i go to download origin it won't download..........which means now i cannot download my sims 3 game AT ALL.   My computer has just recently been upgraded to windows 10.....might this be the problem?  Can anyone help me with this issue.  I have also tried turning off my avg already to download origin but still not working.  Is there a way to make it compatible so i can actually download the frigging origin or do i have to ask for my money back???!!!!

Message 1 of 4 (456 Views)

Community Manager

@jc8437ch How does the Origin download fail? Do you get any error message?

Does using this link work? http://www.dm.origin.com/download

If you haven't already, please check Control Panel > Programs and Features then check for an existing copy of Origin on the machine. Remove it if there is one present, then try the fresh install. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (438 Views)

★ Novice

thanks for your reply david, got a change in my problem now lol, finally found a decent link for origin on another help page, downloaded it no problem, then started getting errors cant sign in and not connected to internet, did the allowing in exceptions in my avg and a few did a few other things, went back to windows 8 instead of 10, etc,  finally got signed in, downloaded sims 3......... i tried loading it and it worked, i CHEERED......finally after 2 days, i closed it down to go to bed but then tried downloading and installing the late night expansion pack and a world package.......from this morning the world package wont install, now im getting different errors.  i found a super patch that fixed my script error problem but now it keeps saying.......cannot connect to ea manager, wont let me install anything including i have noticed it hasnt even installed the world link, and when i try to play the sims the launcher disappears and game doesnt load.   i feel i have tried everything i can think of and im getting super frustrated now, do u have any other advice, tips, links for patches that can help me?

Message 3 of 4 (426 Views)

Hero

What version does show in your lower left corner of your launcher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (415 Views)