Problems updating Sims 3

by Acidrayne42

Original Post

Problems updating Sims 3

★ Novice

I have repeatedly been having the same problem with this. I can install the game and play if I ignore the update when I try to install the update I get a CRC error.

crc error: the file c:\programs (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild1.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor

I have opened all of the necessary ports, run the defragmentor even though I reinstalled Windows hoping that would fix the problem, tried launching in admin mode, tried the superpatch in admin mode, spoke to tech support and he somehow got me up to 1.50 but once 1.55 came out and I tried to install that (I foolishly thought that it would work since 1.50 worked) it gave me the same error and my game stopped working and now I can't install the updates again. I have manually uninstalled the game and reinstalled.

I have just had an endless stream of issues with Origin. I have issues downloading everything I've attempted through them. I really wish Steam had been around when I first started purchasing the sims games.

Has anyone had this issue or can anyone think of anything that could fix this problem?

Message 1 of 3 (402 Views)

Re: Problems updating Sims 3

Hero

See if this link helps you: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

That's really all the suggstions I have and you might have already tried all of them. Since yours is the patch and not the DVD, it might be more complicated.

• What is your operating system ?
  • Are you installing from an internal drive ?
  • Is your game installed to the default path ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (391 Views)

Re: Problems updating Sims 3

★ Novice

Unfortunately I've already tried all of that Frown

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

I've installed both from an internal drive and through Origin (by some miracle) and from a disc image.
I removed my solid state drive believing that to be the issue so there is no choice except the default path.

Message 3 of 3 (387 Views)