Re: Prism Art Studio will not install.

by caspinwall

Original Post

Prism Art Studio will not install.

★★★ Newbie
I just bought the prism art studio but it won't download into my game! I payed this money and I want to use it. I have a mac and I've tried downloading on safari and Mozilla Firefox but both do not work and this message always shows up "Download failed: There was and error Downloading Content {0}". Also, there is no internet explorer for macs so I can't use that. Can anyone please help me figure out how to download it?
Message 1 of 4 (219 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i'll post this in the helpers corner to see if our mac player/helper can assist you

Message 2 of 4 (217 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@princessmar0607 wrote:
I just bought the prism art studio but it won't download into my game! I payed this money and I want to use it. I have a mac and I've tried downloading on safari and Mozilla Firefox but both do not work and this message always shows up "Download failed: There was and error Downloading Content {0}". Also, there is no internet explorer for macs so I can't use that. Can anyone please help me figure out how to download it?

Hi 

Have you got your Sims 3 Launcher open first, before you click the download button in the Store? If yes, and it still won't work, you can do it a different way. On the page for the Art Studio in the Store, you will see a button that says "save file". Use that to save the file onto your desktop. Then go into your Mac's hard drive, look in Documents, then in the folder named "Electronic Arts", then "The Sims 3", then "Downloads". Drag the file from your desktop into the folder "Downloads". Now when you open your Launcher you should find the item in the Downloads tab and should be able to install it from there.

Caspin

Message 3 of 4 (213 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi again,

Seems to be a lot of players having trouble installing specific items from the Store. The method I mentioned yesterday may not work, I now realise, as the "save file" button appears to be available on Exchange items rather than Store items.

It is worth trying different browers. You've already tried Firefox and Safari, have a go with Chrome.

Also - are you patched up to date? Sometimes Store items require a certain patch number to have been reached or they won't download.

If I find anything further that might help you I will check back.

Caspin

Message 4 of 4 (204 Views)