Please install the sims 3 base game before installing this product

by MomochanXPudding

Original Post

Please install the sims 3 base game before installing this product

★★★ Newbie

Ok so I have checked everywhere on the Internet but I still havent found a solution. A while back my laptop was stolen and it so happened to be that my Sims 3 base game was in there so I had no laptop or the sims 3 base game then after christmas i had gotten a Windows 8 destop along with a Sims 3 base game. So here is what I did step by step I put the CD in and the pop up for what to do with the CD showed up and I clicked Run then a page came up and I had no other option but to install origin which i dislike with a passion and after a long wait my game started installing and it was complete then i decided to install all my other expansion packs and when I tried installing here is what happened and where the problem began I put the CD in and than a pop up shows up and asks what i want to do with the CD I click run and it starts loading and the set up is starting to load then right after its done A message pops up and says excatly this "This product require an installed copy of The Sims(TM)3. Please install The Sims(TM)3 before installing this product" and then i click ok then it doesnt install or nothing IT DOES THIS WITH EVERY EXPANSION PACK I TRY TO INSTALL AND OBVIOUSLY THE SIMS 3 IS INSTALLED WHAT MORE DOES IT NEED. Im seriously getting annoyed here I installed the game 50 billion times and restarted my computer to and my games up to date. Someone please help Im about to throw my computer and games out the window.  

Message 1 of 2 (1,041 Views)

Re: Please install the sims 3 base game before installing this product

★★★ Apprentice
Okay

First try reinstalling the base game through origin and disk
If that doesn't work, then "repair game" using origin (right click)
Make sure you register your games on origin and try installing them through there
Message 2 of 2 (1,033 Views)