Pictures Are Not Showing of Lots on the Exchange

by anothersimnut

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pictures Are Not Showing of Lots on the Exchange

★★★★ Apprentice

When I tried to view a picture of a lot by one of the skilled Sims 3 Creators, the picture would not appear but the EPs and Items included appeared. Does that mean there is something wrong with this lot if the picture does not appear or is there a problem with the Exchange downloading pictures? I know for a fact there is a problem with the Exchange uploading my pictures into images so I can create a story. So, I have just stopped creating stories until this problem is fixed.

Message 1 of 6 (249 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pictures Are Not Showing of Lots on the Exchange

Hero

The create a story issue is different. That hat a known issue with the pictures.

I think for that particular lot, the user probably messed up when exchanging the pictures with custom ones and they got replaced with blanks. Since the Exchange gets rid of the pics on downloading now, that's a non-issue though.

I don't think there's any maintenance going on. Try chaning browsers if it still doesn't work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (240 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you link the lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (247 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Here's the link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8290493

This creator is a top notch builder. I would download the lot even if I could not see the pictures. Let me know if you know the reason why the Exchange will not show the pictures of the lot. Thanks.

Message 3 of 6 (243 Views)

Hero

It downloaded fine for me and it looks all clean. It also installed fine but I did not try it in the game itself.

I think it's just the pictures that are messed up. Do you add to game to download and not save file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (239 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes I always choose Add to Game. I don't even know what add to file would do. The only problem I questioned about that link was the pictures were not being shown, and no one seems to know the reason for this. And this is strange. For a long time I have been trying to use my images to Create A Story but the images were not dowloading. Yesterday I checked and lo and behold all the images I uploaded have finally appeared. Maybe I'll enter a story for the Summer Showcase contest. But right now I cannot even open My Page to check messages. Let me know if the Sims 3 Exchange is having maintenance today. Thanks.

Message 5 of 6 (236 Views)

Hero

The create a story issue is different. That hat a known issue with the pictures.

I think for that particular lot, the user probably messed up when exchanging the pictures with custom ones and they got replaced with blanks. Since the Exchange gets rid of the pics on downloading now, that's a non-issue though.

I don't think there's any maintenance going on. Try chaning browsers if it still doesn't work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (241 Views)