Password Problems!

by PreshusKitty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Password Problems!

★★ Novice

This problem is relating to both Origin itself as well as The Sims 3. I tried to log into the TS3 website and was informed my email address or password was incorrect. I did a password reset and logged in just fine. I then logged out and about ten minutes later tried to log in and was told again, my password or email was incorrect. This happened for the rest of the day. I reset it, tried to play TS3 and could not log in during game play because it would tell me my password or email was incorrect. I tried logging into the Origin program (which my Sims game almost always tells me I cannot connect to but I usually get the updates anyways?) and the Origin client tells me improper email or password. So I use their password reset system. Later, I am again being told my email or password is incorrect. The only thing I could think of was that my password was not fitting some parameters but that did not make any sense as it was letting me log in with it right after I reset it and only a bit later telling me it was invalid.

Message 1 of 13 (8,401 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Password Problems!

★★ Novice

I made an official help request from EA and was directed to reset my password here: https://profile.ea.com/forgotpassword.do

that seems to have fixed my problems. Hope this works for anyone else having the same issue!

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (8,769 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I just posted a topic on this very same issue! I tried the Origin forums but some mod (from China) basically told me that it wasn't the right place to post such an issue. I responded with 'If it's to do with Origin It is relevent.' Sorta thing. They then told me to reinstall the game... Right. >_>

Here's what I typed in my post here:

I recently downloaded Origin and have been reinstalling my Sims 3 game + expansions. I originally bought them at Steam but cannot see a few of the Sims 3 expansions in the client. Shortly afterward I found I couldn't log into my thesims3.com account and I even changed my password five or six times to try log into the site but I cannot. I tried the Origin forums but they weren't helpful whatsoever.

Message 2 of 13 (8,360 Views)

★ Novice

Solved!

I reset my password and was able to log into the site.

Your password must contain one capital letter (at the beginning) and I also used a few numbers. 

Message 3 of 13 (8,358 Views)

★★ Novice

I had capitals and numbers in mine. That did not solve my problem. I could reset it, log in, and then within ten minutes or so attempt to log in again and it would tell me my email or password was incorrect. First it works, then it is not recognized and I have to reset to log in... but then ten minutes later it won't let me log in anymore.

Message 4 of 13 (8,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This! having the same problem here!

Message 5 of 13 (8,346 Views)

★★ Novice

I made an official help request from EA and was directed to reset my password here: https://profile.ea.com/forgotpassword.do

that seems to have fixed my problems. Hope this works for anyone else having the same issue!

Message 6 of 13 (8,770 Views)

Hero

Thanks for letting us know.

XP given.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (8,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here ,upgraded my computer ,from 32bit to 64bit Window7 ,a bigger harddrive

Try to get in Origin with e-mail and password ,same joke ,coundn`t get in ,change my password ,and did what it ask,capitol letter and a few numbers.

Same old story, coundn`t get in.

Have my own account ,and there the Origin ID and password was identefied .

With "Steam " there is no probleem.

Origin could learn something from "Steam.

Also looking for a solution.

Good luck everyone

McWallace

Message 8 of 13 (7,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem. I type in my password, and it's fine, but if I log out and try again, it keeps saying my password is wrong until I reset it again. I can't use my password twice without having to reset it, it's a real pain.
Message 9 of 13 (6,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used EA and changed my password and it still won't let me into POGO

Message 10 of 13 (6,055 Views)