(PC) Having issues with downloading purchased Sims 3 Store content

by SallysFunnyKiss

Original Post

(PC) Having issues with downloading purchased Sims 3 Store content

★★★ Newbie

I recently went on a bit of a shopping spree on the Sims 3 Store, and purchased several sets.  I usually avoid the store and look for things on custom content sites, but I was quite happy with the selection this time around and was willing to part with a few Simoleons for some new things.

Unfortunately, my game launcher won't download what I bought.  It has not done this before and everything I've found on both official and unofficial sites always download without any problems.  Once when I tried, the game popped up and showed that it was downloading a set (with the green bar and everything), but then that disappeared and the things I already had installed showed up instead and now I cannot find the file that I was trying to download.

I've tried downloading entire sets and individual objects, but nothing happens.  Has anyone else been having this problem?  And on a side note- is there a way to separate your downloads in the launcher in folders?  Scrolling through my downloads slows down my computer immensely.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (130 Views)

Re: (PC) Having issues with downloading purchased Sims 3 Store content

Hero
Make sure your game is updated to 1.67 (you can check on the launcher, lower left corner) If that is the case, there's a log which can be found in documents/electronicarts/thesims3 and is called Sims3LauncherLogFile.log Post the content here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried updating, but it causes the launcher to crash and it does not seem to be able to connect to Origin.

Message 3 of 4 (117 Views)

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (111 Views)