Re: Origins installed Sims 3 Supernatural, but it will not play, can't uninstall

by caspinwall

Original Post

Origins installed Sims 3 Supernatural, but it will not play, can't uninstall

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Sims 3 Supernatural.  I had the Sims 3.   I installed Supernatural, everything seemed to install without errors.  A shortcut appeared on my desktop.  (I am running it on a Macbook pro).  When I launch either through the Supernatural shortcut or through Origins' 'play' tab from inside the Supernatural link in the library, it does not let me play Supernatural.  It launches just the Sims 3, as far as I can tell.   Midnight Falls is not available for play, and it wants to charge me.  I would like to try to uninstall and re-install the expansion, but it is not clear to me how to do that, since I see no 'uninstall option' on Origin (and I am pretty new to Mac).   The only uninstaller in the Sims folder in 'finder' is the for the Sims3, when I launch that, the only option to uninstall is Sims 3.  So it appears to me as thought Supernatural did not actually install.   How I can re-do the installation?

Message 1 of 3 (1,175 Views)

Re: Origins installed Sims 3 Supernatural, but it will not play, can't uninstall

Champion (Retired)

Hi

There seem to be a lot of problems for Mac-users who are downloading games through Origin for some reason.  Is your game updated to the latest patch (1.63) and do you definitely have the Mac version of Origin (and is this also as up-to-date as possible)?  If so, then I would go ahead and try to redownload and install Supernatural. It does not sound as though the installation worked on your first attempt, so uninstalling won't be an option, but let's try downloading again.

Caspin

Message 2 of 3 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 10 times now and it still doesn't work.. as far as I can tell everything is as it should be.. I have my games on an external drive but the sims 3 works fine on that.. i had it installed on my mac first but it didnt work there either.. it's like the game doesn't exist.. 

Message 3 of 3 (425 Views)