Origin wont let me install!

by ivy321

Original Post

Origin wont let me install!

★★★ Newbie

I have bought the Sims 3 and lots of expansions through steam and installed them on my pc, I then wanted to buy the new supernatural game but it wasn’t available on steam so I bought it on origin. I downloaded it and when I went to install, it tells me I can’t because I don’t have the Sims 3, when I do. So are you really going to tell me that the only way I can play the Sims 3 is to uninstall it all, redeem all of my product codes, and download the game and all of the add-ons through origin? Which will take me more time then I really want to be spending installing a game that’s already on my pc?  Please tell me you have a more simple solution for me!

This is not the first time I have had a problem installing a game with origin. I requested help a while back because battlefield 3 wouldn’t install, and got very little help and I have yet to be able to play that either!

Tanya Dunn

Message 1 of 3 (604 Views)

Re: Origin wont let me install!

Hero

It's the only way. The Steam and the Origin version arent' really compatible.

(don't kill the messanger, not working for EA)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (598 Views)

Re: Origin wont let me install!

★★★ Newbie

dont worry i wont shoot the messanger lol but i am livid! steam is now selling the game! i just uninstalled the sims 3 and started redownloading them through origin, wich takes a realy long time because i dont have the best internet and i can only download between 10 pm and 10 am or my internet gets capped.

Message 3 of 3 (584 Views)