Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Origin is saying that my product code has already been used!!!??

by clandersonn123

Original Post

Origin is saying that my product code has already been used!!!??

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I bought the Sims 3 ambitions expansion pack and I installed it fine but when I go and try to open it up to play it opens origin and tell me I need to activate it with the product code I put in the product code and it tell me that its already been used I contacted origin support and spoke to 4 different advisors and they gave me 4 different product codes and it still says the same thing? And now also none of my other sims games will open and it says the same thing as when i try to open the ambitions Anyone else had this problem and know how to sort it out? Thanks please help

Message 1 of 5 (5,584 Views)

Re: Origin is saying that my product code has already been used!!!??

Community Manager

It is possible that you have to do a manual uninstall of either the Ambitions expansion or the Sims base game. Read more about that here:

https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

A word of warning: Only try this if you are an experienced user. If you are not sure about it, please ask someone to help you.

Message 2 of 5 (5,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM BUT I RECENTLY GOT MY COMPUTER SWIPED OUT CUZ IT WAS TO MUCH ON IT THEN I ENTER MY GAME DISC IN EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTHLY I DOWNLOAD ORGIN BLAH BLAH BLAH THE I LOOK IN MY GAME IN ORGIN I ONLY SEE ONE OF MY EXPANSION PACKS IM LIKE OKAY BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WOULD SEE MY SIMS 3 BASE GAME TO SO I CLICK ON THE SIMS 3 LATENIGHT AND IT SAY INSTALL SO I INSTALL IT THEN AFTER IT HAD BEEN INSTALLED IT SAIDED YOU NEED THE SIMS 3 BASE GAME SO THEN I DO THAT I GET TO THE PRODUCT CODE AND ALL THAT OTHER GOOD STUFF THEN I ENTER IT EVERYTHING WENT GOOD THEN IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY USED BECAUSE BEFOR I GOT MY COMPUTER CLEANED I HAD EVERYTHING ON THERE EVEN THE SIMS 3 BASE GAME I KNEW I SHOULDVE BACKED ALL MY DATA UP BUT IT SHOULDVE WORKED STILL EVEN THOUGH IF I DIDNT SO CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLZ

Message 3 of 5 (5,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem and have apsolutely no idea what to do about it?Frown

Message 4 of 5 (5,196 Views)

see if this FAQ can help http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Invalid-and-Used-Serial-Codes-amp-Games-not-showing-up-in/m-...

game issue questions belong in the forum please do not pm me with game issue questions
Message 5 of 5 (5,179 Views)

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

AHQ Origin Game Giveaway

We’re giving away games on Origin to helpful AHQ community members!

Find out more