Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
clandersonn123

Origin is saying that my product code has already been used!!!??

[ Edited ]

I bought the Sims 3 ambitions expansion pack and I installed it fine but when I go and try to open it up to play it opens origin and tell me I need to activate it with the product code I put in the product code and it tell me that its already been used I contacted origin support and spoke to 4 different advisors and they gave me 4 different product codes and it still says the same thing? And now also none of my other sims games will open and it says the same thing as when i try to open the ambitions Anyone else had this problem and know how to sort it out? Thanks please help

EA_Ursula
XP: 1,789
Solutions: 2,832

Re: Origin is saying that my product code has already been used!!!??

It is possible that you have to do a manual uninstall of either the Ambitions expansion or the Sims base game. Read more about that here:

https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

A word of warning: Only try this if you are an experienced user. If you are not sure about it, please ask someone to help you.

Keeper
cuteistgirleva

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM BUT I RECENTLY GOT MY COMPUTER SWIPED OUT CUZ IT WAS TO MUCH ON IT THEN I ENTER MY GAME DISC IN EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTHLY I DOWNLOAD ORGIN BLAH BLAH BLAH THE I LOOK IN MY GAME IN ORGIN I ONLY SEE ONE OF MY EXPANSION PACKS IM LIKE OKAY BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WOULD SEE MY SIMS 3 BASE GAME TO SO I CLICK ON THE SIMS 3 LATENIGHT AND IT SAY INSTALL SO I INSTALL IT THEN AFTER IT HAD BEEN INSTALLED IT SAIDED YOU NEED THE SIMS 3 BASE GAME SO THEN I DO THAT I GET TO THE PRODUCT CODE AND ALL THAT OTHER GOOD STUFF THEN I ENTER IT EVERYTHING WENT GOOD THEN IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY USED BECAUSE BEFOR I GOT MY COMPUTER CLEANED I HAD EVERYTHING ON THERE EVEN THE SIMS 3 BASE GAME I KNEW I SHOULDVE BACKED ALL MY DATA UP BUT IT SHOULDVE WORKED STILL EVEN THOUGH IF I DIDNT SO CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLZ

Keeper
taysallis

I'm having the exact same problem and have apsolutely no idea what to do about it?:smileysad:

rumbutter
Topics: 14
XP: 909
Solutions: 929

see if this FAQ can help http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Invalid-and-Used-Serial-Codes-amp-Games-not-showing-up-in/m-...

game issue questions belong in the forum please do not pm me with game issue questions