Origin has encountered a serious problem and must close

by recklesssketches

Original Post

Origin has encountered a serious problem and must close

★★ Novice

Okay, I'm sick and tired of this problem happening.

I click on origin to launch it, and the only thing that pops up is a window saying origin has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I've tried updating my graphic drivers, clean booting, clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling (we all know how well that went for me. Kept strobing black and white.), and I'm afraid if I do anything else, my computer and everything on it will pay the price.

EA, Origin, please help fix this. I just wanna play the sims 4 without problems. I've sent four crash reports to you and nothing has changed.

Message 1 of 5 (419 Views)

Re: Origin has encountered a serious problem and must close

Hero (Retired)

@recklesssketches Origin is a stand lone program. Did Origin work at one time? Try un install Origin. Use a program like ccleaner (there is a free version) to clean the registry. Download the Origin installer and install. Link to Origin installer Origin installer  Origin may have to patch before starting.

Message 2 of 5 (407 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried those already. No effect.

Message 3 of 5 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @recklesssketches,

I've moved your thread to the Origin board, as your issue has more to do with Origin than The Sims 4.

Regarding your issue, could you make sure your Windows is completely updated? You can do that using Windows Update.

Also, does the error message give you any more information? If so, could you copy and paste in your answer whatever the error says?

-Mai

Message 4 of 5 (377 Views)

@recklesssketches

Did you tried what I suggested in the other thread?

By "updating my graphic drivers" you mean that you installed a different version than the on that is in your DxDiag from the other thread? If yes which version is that?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 5 (367 Views)