Origin download wont complete keeps resetting

by Purdy81

Original Post

Re: Origin download wont complete keeps resetting

★★★ Newbie

i have been having the same issue. I bought the humble bundle on steam all of those downloaded even with my slow connection perfectly but the origin bundle was haveing this issues. I waited 4 days downloading battlefield 3 and it just kept going down from 93 back to 70 over and over again. They need to fix this because if steam can be usedby people with slow connection this should too.

Message 11 of 28 (4,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here with Sims. I leave downloading overnight to find an error in the morning and less progress that it was in the beginning (88% to ~50%). I suppose, it is the "clever" way of ensuring download quality. Why on earth you can't do it like in torrents? Split whole thing in small peces and just check those in stead of  trowing away gigabytes of data. This problem is dragging for a few years already with no solution: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7511229.page

Message 12 of 28 (4,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problems with Sims 3 Island Paradise. I've brought a number of games online before and never had a problem dowloading them through origin but with this one it's just been a nightmare. I only have a mifi device at home with a 3gb monthly limit so can't keep using my data on that. Went to my parents and it was stupidly slow (think I managed 3% in a few hours). Now sat in Tesco's and it's once again jumped back. The highest I've got it to is 44% before it jumped back to 13% Frown Now on 16% but it just paused itself even though it was still connected to the internet. Not a happy bunny and if it doesn't sort itself I'll be asking for a refund!

Message 13 of 28 (4,922 Views)

★ Novice

More than a 2 months without success, despite following the recommendations in order to access our games ... If it is impossible download by origin should perhaps release the key for steam or refund our money ... That shame

Message 14 of 28 (4,556 Views)

Hero (Retired)

last resort is to uninstall origin only then redownload and install origin also giving origin admin rights

Message 15 of 28 (4,551 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is a problem with certain computers, and the problem is somewhere in the processor/clockspeed area.  i know because me and my wife have the same exact model Dell computer.  I had this problem with Wow patching after they revamped their patching process about 2-3 years ago.  Ironically my wife got the same model machine as me then started having the same random problems.

It would work sometimes for either one of us, and sometimes now at all.  With Wow, it would corrupt certain areas.  So the patch would complete, but certain areas were bugged after patch.  We eventually narrowed it down enough to know all of this, and started using a laptop to download WOW patches so we had one good copy of WOW.

Now I'm having problems with the origin client.  I've had to return 2-3 games and go buy them at the store because they won't finish downloading.  When patching it happens too, like just now.  I had to let the latest BF4 patch keep resetting and just wait.  After about the 5th attempt it worked.

This isn't just a fault of my machine, it's how the patch is burst/downloaded to my machine.  The way the Blizzard engineer put it, processor intakes the file as fast as it can and incorporates errors.  CRC fails and the patch need to throw that portion (or the whole patch) away and try again.  Since the problem is still there, the chance of CRC error in some bits is too.

Origin sucks for not having an alternate download site or method of throttling patches and game downloads.

I don't overclock my computer, this is how it came from the factory.  I've just resigned myself at this point to the fact that it will be like this until I get a new computer.

Message 16 of 28 (4,506 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thats solution solved my problem. Thanks

Message 17 of 28 (4,501 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So I stuck in the codes for the sims 3 and the 2 expansions and I have been trying to get it to download I had it at 99% and all gb. were filled and then it went back down to 70%. It is from the humble bundle. My friend gave me the sims codes since he does not like sims and all the other games worked fine. :catsad:

Message 18 of 28 (3,834 Views)

Hero

Did you try all the suggestions in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 28 (3,830 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I´m having the same problem with FIFA 2015. i tried by cancelling the download and start again and it´s the same problem, i´ve been trying to download the game for 10 days and it´s still in 37%... i have an ethernet connection and nothing seems to be working.

Does anybody knows about an alternate way for download?

THanks in advance

Message 20 of 28 (3,326 Views)