Origin download for Sims 3 won't install my game.

by penuins113

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin download for Sims 3 won't install my game.

★★★ Newbie

I bought the instant download for 3 expansion packs, but when I try to install them I get a pop-up saying, "Setup has detected that The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. Setup is unable to continue." I downloaded them all on my old lapptop without any problems, how can I fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (6,239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin download for Sims 3 won't install my game.

Hero

Did you uninstall the existing one before you installed the new one ? If not, I would suggest doing so. Use CCleaner to clean your registry after uninstalling.

Here are some threads on the error log issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (6,234 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you install it before ? Maybe it did not download properly. Try re-downloading.

Also check if you alread have anything Sims 3 on your computer (search)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (6,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I installed it once on my old computer, but when that broke I tried to download and install the expansion packs onto this computer. I have the Sims 3 base game, High End Loft stuff, World Adventures, Fast Lane, Ambitions and Outdoor Living installed on this computer and I didn't have any problems until I tried to install these expansion packs. When I now try to access the launcher, I have a pop-up stating "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." 

Message 3 of 6 (6,210 Views)

Hero

Did you uninstall the existing one before you installed the new one ? If not, I would suggest doing so. Use CCleaner to clean your registry after uninstalling.

Here are some threads on the error log issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (6,235 Views)

Message 5 of 6 (3,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

cant get sims 3 to download

Message 6 of 6 (2,201 Views)