Re: Origin Automatic Updates

by Turin2000

Original Post

Origin Automatic Updates

★ Novice

i want to download this gave via origin.  it will be my first origin download.  when i was reading the perks of downloading via origin vs. buying the disc, it mentioned it performs automatic updates to your game.  i dont want automatic updates to my game b/c i play w/ 3rd party custom content.  currently, through the launcher, i can uncheck "allow automatic updates".  i basically want to make sure i will have the OPTION TO TURN OFF origin's ability to automatically update my sims 3 game.  can anyone tell me is this option still available before i go through the hell of purchasing and installing this expansion through origin???

Message 1 of 4 (10,547 Views)

★ Novice

on the other hand, after reading all the other posts, i dont think origin is the best route.  they may offer good deals and discounts but looks like the ends dont justify the headache.  maybe origin's service will improve with time

Message 2 of 4 (10,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is SUPER late, but this answer is to also help anyone else having the same problem in the future. You have to go to Origin > Application Settings > Automatic Game Updates (Under Client Update section) and switch off automatic game updates.

Message 3 of 4 (9,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Even later but thank you

Message 4 of 4 (9,051 Views)