Re: None of the games I purchase with Origin work

by caspinwall

Original Post

None of the games I purchase with Origin work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have been having problems with my games for almost a year at this point. I let my last help session lapse several months ago mostly due to frustration. I have a MacBook Pro. I have been playing the Sims games since the beginning and have never experienced problems of this magnitude before. I have the Sims 3 base game. I purchased World Adventure and High-End Loft Stuff through Origin and they pretty much have worked fine. I have the expansion Ambitions on a disk no issues there. Now, I have Outdoor Living Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, and Late Night Expansion all through Origin and none of them play. I previously only had a problem with Late Night never installing. I also now have Pets from a disk which works fine.

I have dealt with the Late Night issue for a long time now. I have called and spoken to people in customer service, emailed, live chatted. I have downloaded all of the updates and patches. I have installed and reinstalled all of the games and Origin itself. I created a new user on my Mac just for game play as I was instructed to do. Guess what, none of it worked!! I am beyond pissed!!

I very dissatisfied customer,

Angela Vitellaro

[edit: email address removed]

[removed for security reasons]

Message 1 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: None of the games I purchase with Origin work

Champion (Retired)

Hi Angela,

As a fellow Mac simmer, I feel your pain!  We've had a lot of problems getting TS3 to work on our operating system and unfortunately customers services at EA don't always manage to give correct advice for Macs. 

However it sounds as though your problems are due to downloading/installation issues, so perhaps we can fix those.  All of my games are on discs so I have no experience of using Origin. However I do know that it should be technically possible to use a combination of discs and downloads without any problems.  Have you definitely got your game patched to the latest patch (1.63) and is your Origin Angel definitely the Mac version and (b) also up-to-date.  It sounds as though your downloads are causing problems but the EPs you have on disc are OK, so I think this is an Origin issue.

Caspin

Message 2 of 2 (133 Views)