Re: No game disc found, please insert the Sims 3 game disc before proceeding

by MLadyD7

Original Post

No game disc found, please insert the Sims 3 game disc before proceeding

★★★ Newbie

I have a Macbook Pro, and happily played Sims 3 on it for about a year. Then, after a hiatus of a few months, I tried to play again, and consistently got the error message "No game disc found! Please insert the Sims 3 game disc before proceeding." at the neighbourhood screen over and over, even though the disc is obviously in. I couldn't solve the problem, so I stopped playing for several years. I had lost my original base game (and played using expansion discs) so I couldn't uninstall and retry it.

Today I bought a NEW BASE GAME at Target, uninstalled my old game and extension packs, installed the new game, and got the same error message. Of course I'm super pissed. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (17,234 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Is this the same error message you are getting?  click http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/error-disc-authentication-error.html

You can contact a Game Advisor if you'd like, here's how:

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this message helped you, please give it some xp! Just click the XP box at the bottom of the message.

Si ce message vous a aidé, donnez-lui un peu d'XP ! Cliquez le bouton XP en bas à droite de ce message.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)”------------------------

Message 2 of 5 (17,195 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@taylor456tay wrote:

I have a Macbook Pro, and happily played Sims 3 on it for about a year. Then, after a hiatus of a few months, I tried to play again, and consistently got the error message "No game disc found! Please insert the Sims 3 game disc before proceeding." at the neighbourhood screen over and over, even though the disc is obviously in. I couldn't solve the problem, so I stopped playing for several years. I had lost my original base game (and played using expansion discs) so I couldn't uninstall and retry it.

Today I bought a NEW BASE GAME at Target, uninstalled my old game and extension packs, installed the new game, and got the same error message. Of course I'm super pissed. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Hey Hey--

Unfortunately there is no "official solution" to this problem for Mac players.  Game Advisors have some troubleshooting advice, but it's not helpful for Mac people and can mess up your computer!  The best way to avoid this error is digitally download the games through Origin.  It's annoying and super time-consuming, but it's the only way to gurantee you don't get this error.  If you go this route, you can also save the installers so that if you ever want to do this again, you dont have to wait the absurd amount of time it takes to download.  This post explains how: http://bluebellflora.wordpress.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/saving-origin-digital-downloads/.  Let me know if you have any more questions about this.  I have a Mac too, so I'm used to all this mess it takes to run the game on our systems.  

Good luck Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (17,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd stick my head in to say that downloading the game from Origin does NOT guarantee you won't see this error. I downloaded the game last night, along with a couple of expansions. It looked as thought the installations went through without a hitch, but first the game tried to get me to insert the Late Night disc over and over - I uninstalled Late Night, and the error switched to the High End Loft disc. After finally uninstalling THAT expansion, the error switched to the base Sims 3 disc, and now I'm stymied. I've never owned a disc for any of these programs.

Message 4 of 5 (16,903 Views)

Hero

Are you on a mac too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (16,900 Views)