New Store Content Patch Menu Won't Go Away

by doodlydoodles

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Store Content Patch Menu Won't Go Away

★★★ Newbie

Every time I open up my Sims game to play, a menu immediately pops up entitled "New Store Content Patch Available".

It asks if I want to download and gives me the options Yes, No, and Later. No matter what I click on the menu does not go away and it is not allowing me to play my game. 

I just finished downloading my Sims 3 Pets Expansion pack, the only expansion pack I have, and now I can't even play it.

Message 1 of 7 (4,212 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Store Content Patch Menu Won't Go Away

★★★★★ Newbie

If you notice there is a pop behind the "New store content patch avalible" I know you can't see fully what an of the options say or what they are for, but if you look to the top right corner, you'll see what looks like an "exit" button (like on every website). Click that and the pop up should go away! Worked for me Standard smile I hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (4,495 Views)

All Replies

Hero

That usually happens if there's a scriptError hiding beneath the Store content message.

Try closing that first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (4,173 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't understand how to do that? I can't click on anything to do with sims 3 with the "New Store content patch available" pop up. it also blocks my veiw from my computer. As i am writing this now most of what i am writing i can't see because it is in the way. I have tryed restarting my computer and running mutiple cookie cleaners but it won't stop

Message 3 of 7 (4,158 Views)

Hero

Can you not move the window or is it really big ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (4,156 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

If you notice there is a pop behind the "New store content patch avalible" I know you can't see fully what an of the options say or what they are for, but if you look to the top right corner, you'll see what looks like an "exit" button (like on every website). Click that and the pop up should go away! Worked for me Standard smile I hope this helps!

Message 5 of 7 (4,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You are a genius - thank you!!!!!
Message 6 of 7 (3,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Right click the icon for sims and then run the programme as administrator. It will come up with the message and no store update appearing. Just click ok for all of the options. If this does not work then you will not be able to play sims.

Message 7 of 7 (3,143 Views)