Re: I will try wit the

by Retha7

Original Post

Re: New Patch Sims 3 Store content latest patch.

Hero

Did you restart the launcher after downloading the patch ? Did you ever get a message that it's finished ? Do you have the game open while doing it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 18 (1,143 Views)

★★ Novice

Did not get a message that it is finished!  I restarted a few times yesterday and today because I get error12 mesages while playing or crasshing so I restart the game alot!  Did not have launcher open when I got the contentPatch open.

Message 12 of 18 (1,141 Views)

Hero

Someone else has the same issue as you. Not sure what is going on.

Have you tried turning off the firewall and antivirus ? Do you have admin rights on your computer ? Make sure the game is closed and only the launcher open when the patch is downloading.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 18 (1,137 Views)

I will try wit the

★★ Novice

I will try without anti-virus but no when I try to update the game is not running.  I usually play only in the evening because the game is to big to go in and out during the day.  It is my pc and my own windows 7 and office programs.  I am only connected to my son in laws wireless network in the house.  I am bedridden with muscular distrophy so always busy on my pc. I am sure it is a mistake on sims 3 origen because I never had this problem.

Message 14 of 18 (1,135 Views)

Hero

Here's a thread on the Store Content Patch: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/614548.page

I have not had time to read through it but maybe someone else has the same issue and knows more.

I really don't know what else it could be.

Best of luck.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 18 (1,130 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thx for your help. Merry Christmas!

Message 16 of 18 (1,126 Views)

★★ Novice

The ONLY way I know to get around this patch (that won't let you click on the yes/no/later button) is to bypass the launcher all together.  To do this:

C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/TheSimsSeasons/Game/Bin/TS3EP08

OR, for whatever expansion you are playing.  

Hope this helps, since "gurus" can't be bothered, apparently.

Message 17 of 18 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

theres nothing i can download eather!

it came up once but i click the "not now"  botton because i just wanted to play the sims 3

how can i get it to update now?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Message 18 of 18 (635 Views)