Re: NEW PC CAN'T DOWNLOAD MY OLD EXPANSIONS

by EA_Mai

Original Post

NEW PC CAN'T DOWNLOAD MY OLD EXPANSIONS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have lots of expansion packs and stuff packs for the Sims 3, and they're all discs. I recently bought a new laptop that doesn't have a disc drive, and I was wondering if there was anyway that I could get my expansion packs and stuff packs on my new laptop without buying them again???

Message 1 of 3 (158 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Georgiacutepanda First the software on the discs is dated. The DRM on the discs is no longer supported by today's operating systems. First download the Origin client - link - Origin installer  Install Origin. Open Origin. Logon using the same login you used to install the base game or create an account. Then click Origin in the upper left. click Redeem Product Code....  Enter the codes for the base game and all the packs one at a time. Once the codes are accepted you should be able to download all the games. In Origin right click the game icon - click show game details - scroll down and click extra content. Download packs. The DRM is now Origin which is much like Steam.

Message 2 of 3 (128 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Georgiacutepanda,

Were you able to install your games following the instructions by @roberta591? Standard smile

Let us know if you have any questions Wink

-Mai

Message 3 of 3 (114 Views)