Re: My sims wont go to work, won't use the telescope, and they don't move in atuomatically when they get married

by simmysimsim222

Original Post

My sims wont go to work, won't use the telescope, and they don't move in atuomatically when they get married

★★★★ Novice

I have several issues going on with my sims3 game. I have the random crashes, my sims won't use the telescope any more, married couples don't move in together and they stop going to work! This is the most annoying of them all. They start their jobs/careers, go daily as supposed to, then all of a sudden, they won't go. I give the command and it just disappears. I have tried taking them to the actual building and they won't go in. It seems to happen to at least 2 sims in each family and I think this issue started after I purchased Generations. They seem to do alright with the Ambitions careers where you have to actually go to work with them in order for them to perform the tasks, BUT.... I have this one sim that I started off with as a teacher. He stopped going to work after a while. Then, I put him in the Ghots Hunter field and he still wouldn't go to work. I had to take him to the house/building, force him to go in and sometimes he would perform the task if I select it several times, others, he wouldn't. I have been playing the sims for a long time now, have spent a nice deal of money and would love to continue enjoying it, but these things are vital to me and they determine whether or not I will continue to support EA and continue my journey with the sims 3. Please provide a fix!!!!!

specific DXDIAG tag info:

System:

OS   Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (6.1, build 7601)

Processor  AMD Athalon x2 Dual core Proc. 3250e 2 CPU's 1.5ghz

Memory  4096mb RAM

Display:

Name   ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Drivers:

Date   7/29/09 1:43pm

Message 1 of 3 (612 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My sims wont go to work, won't use the telescope, and they don't move in atuomatically when they get married

★ Novice

Do you have any custom content, or download anything in particular? Because you could've downloaded a bug.

Or, is your game updated, and patched?

You can also try uninstalling Generations, then play and see what happens. If it all goes well again, contact EA and tell them your game acted up when you installed that disc of Generations.

If your game still acts up even after you uninstall it, then I guess you just might have to uninstall everything then reinstall it all again.

**Just a fair suggestion, try waiting for more computer-smart people to comment on this, and if not, then try doing what I said.

Message 2 of 3 (603 Views)

Hero (Retired)

the telescope issue is a bug ea are aware of it 

• Use the Move In option on the friendly menu.
  • Use Edit Town to merge the wedded couple
  • Use the Cheat testingcheatsenabled true, shift-click on the lot and choose Add to household

wedding  issue here http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/wedding-issues.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/sims-cant-use-the-telescope.html

Message 3 of 3 (597 Views)