My sims 3 island paradise is still not working...

by kaytilove1

Original Post

Re: My Sims 3 island paradise is still not working...

★★★ Newbie

Were you able to get a refund?? I am having the same problem..

Message 21 of 31 (2,077 Views)

Re: My sims 3 island paradise is still not working...

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same issue with Island Paradise Expansion.  ***Here is how I fixed it.***

1.  Removed all downloads and pasted them into new folder I put on desktop.  Game download folder was now empty.

2.  Uninstalled Island Paradise

3.  Re-installed Island Paradise by opening My Computer (I run Windows 7)  and double clicked on D drive and chose the expansion .exe file.  Clicked on that to start installation from there.

4.  Created new folder on desk top and called it Mods.   Cut all mods out of Mod game folder and put in desk top folder so that game folder was empty.

5.  Double clicked Island Paradise icon.  Pressed play.  Game opened fast, no problems.  Closed game down.

6.  Added downloads back into download folder.  Game had created new Bin file.  Left the new one in there and didn't add the old one back.  Started game again.

7.  Game started up, no problems.

8.  Updated mods to most recent expansions.  Will be adding them in a couple at a time and restarting game to test out which ones might have been the culprits, as it seems like the mods might have been messing up the game for me.  Most of mine hadn't been updated since World Adventures  lol

I hope this works for other Simmers, too!  Good luck.  Standard smile

Message 22 of 31 (2,053 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 island paradise is still not working...

★★★ Newbie

IM having trouble with my game loading when ever I push play the game doesn't load or respond

Message 23 of 31 (2,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had installed the Sims 3 island paradise but everthing is blocky and graphics are horrible. very dark all around and if you go into 

the create house hold the graphics on there are really bad. the hair is see through like my sim is going bald and it doesnt matter what hair style it is.. Ive installed each of my sims 3 games and tried them all before doing the next so I know its the Island paradise one. Ive uninstalled reinstalled and went through the steps that EA had listed on here about changing something in the graphics and nothing is working. very fustrating... I took it back off I will just have to play with out it.. but now i feel like I wasted my money on a game that doesnt work properly.

Message 24 of 31 (1,961 Views)

★ Guide

It's a never ending nightmare! When is this going to be patched and fixed??

Message 25 of 31 (1,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know! I had all my games on origin and everything was fine until i bought island paradies through origin and dowloaded it. Once i installed it, it kept saying i needed to fix a patch, so i did but then whenever i get upto the game loading, after you pick the family it never loads. The only choice i have is to exit. I haven't played 8 months and it is killing me!!

Message 26 of 31 (1,910 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same exact problem. I purchased The Sims 3 Island paradise PC download and it did not work no matter what I tried. First I was getting a message saying that the license limit for the product had been reached. Then, after talking to someone on chat, I thought I fixed it but it didn't help. I've tried installing and reinstalling it over in over. I even installed and reinstalled the base game and origin. I've had to speak to 5 people on live chat, who were very friendly and willing to help, but their solutions didn't help my case. The Sims 3 Island Paradise still will not download. I have come to the conclusion, though, that it is a problem with Origin that's causing it to not be able to download. It's happened with a lot of people who say the same thing. Is there any way I can get my money back so that I can purchase a digital copy of the Sims 3 Island Paradise?

Message 27 of 31 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it literally will not work. I am trying to play it and its not in the drop down menu at all

Message 28 of 31 (1,863 Views)

★★ Novice

I  have had EA themselves tell me that Island Paradise will not work for some people. They checked my PC and told me it was not the problem (as I have 14 sims games on here with plenty of memory and a great graphic card), they openly admitted they are aware of the problems and are trying to fix them....but gave me no time frame. I'm sorry but I feel this game should not have been released until they were sure it would work for everyone/every situation! I'm very upset because this game was a 50.00 game and was a birthday gift and I can't not play!!! THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH EA...YOU GOT YOUR MONEY FOR THE GAME...NOW I WANT THE GAME TO WORK!!!!!! Very unhappy customer:womanfrustrated:

Message 29 of 31 (1,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I originally got Island Paradise on disc. I played it so much that the disc got scratched and stopped working in my disc drive. When I got a new computer I went to put all my Sims game on it. I opted to download the games from my Origin dashboard. However if I download Island Paradise and go to play the Sims 3 launcher will pop up, but when I click play it will just close down and not launch anything. I remove Island Paradise and it goes back to working. Island Paradise is my favorite game and I have no idea what to do. I thought about just buying a new disc and get Island Paradise that way but have worried that it still might not work. PLEASE HELP!

Message 30 of 31 (1,042 Views)