My sims 3 game keeps freezing after I've installed extensions

by helenafaz

Original Post

My sims 3 game keeps freezing after I've installed extensions

★★★ Newbie

I have just installed three expansion packs (master suite, outdoor living and high end loft) and now the game keep freezing every few minutes for up to 30 seconds. I've turned all the graphics settings on the game to low and that hasn't done anything

Message 1 of 6 (488 Views)

Re: My sims 3 game keeps freezing after I've installed extensions

Hero (Retired)

@helenafaz Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag. Thank you

Message 2 of 6 (476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes it is a PC

Message 3 of 6 (473 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@helenafaz Make sure the game is running off the GT 635M chip. The driver for the 635M is about 11 months old (quite out of date). I checked Nvidia and the GT 635M should be a DX12 chip and the dxdiag is showing DX11.2 I recommend going to Lenovo support site and see if they have newer video drivers. First guess is the game is trying to run off the Intel chip which is not strong enough for smooth play.

Message 4 of 6 (462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have updated all of my drivers (I think) and downloaded the latest graphics from lenovo and it's still freezing Frown Would uninstalling and reinstalling my games help?

Message 5 of 6 (445 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@helenafaz Probably not as I think the game is not configuring itself for the graphics chip you have. You will probably have to manually edit the 2 .sgr files. this has been a problem as EA has not updated the graphics file for some time. Here is a how to post - TS3 new graphics card This works as I had to recently use this to configure my new graphics card. This tells you if the chip is not being identified and how to add you card.

Message 6 of 6 (439 Views)