Re: My sims 3 game has completely FROZE! How do I un - freeze it?

by chiwasims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 3 game has completely FROZE! How do I un - freeze it?

★★★★★ Apprentice

So, I was recently (about an hour ago) playing The Sims 3 University Life when all of a sudden my game just froze. I don't know why but I can't seem to do anything at all - nothings moving and there are no sounds in the background. I am definetely not shutting down my computer because then all of my hard work will be erased: I recently had my girl sim get a new roommate and enter an exclusive relationship with him. If I loose all of that then I will seriously flip!

There has to be a solution that doesn't involve me deleting about 4 hours of my sims life (in real time) and allow me to actually do it. If anyone has any idea what I can do instead of losing almost EVERYTHING I love? Please HELP!

Message 1 of 10 (91,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@ayseavan03 @happyhorsesimmer @Alica_Fabulous @chiwasims There are many reasons (possibilities) why an application (TS3 is an application) will crash. Many times it is unsupported hardware or outdated drivers. If your laptop is overheating and program are crashing this may be a sign of trouble. Many people use a laptop with the cooling vents blocked. Another problem is if you have pets (real pets) the animal dander tends to build up in the laptop cooling system and may cause the laptop to overheat - this problem normally won't get better. Some laptop start shutting hardware down to conserve power and this may cause the game to crash. Reasons vary from one system to another. Posting your computer's dxdiag would help. If you play TS3 on a laptop it is recommended you use the computer with the power supply plugged in and the laptop on a hard flat surface to prevent the vents from being blocked. Without more information I can only guess.

hth

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (89,686 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
I've had this happen to even after doing a ton of stuff but sadly the only way is to shut it down
Message 2 of 10 (90,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Omg me too! And it all started after i got the same game from origin Frown((
Message 3 of 10 (89,717 Views)

Hero

Did you try restarting the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (89,707 Views)

★★ Novice
This happen to me all the time! Usually it's because your computer is heating up to much so sims crashes. What I do is shut down my computer and start it up a few minutes later (sometimes hours depending on the extremity of the heat!). Usually my sims are still there, but I get a notification sometimes saying "sims 3 has stopped working" and my laptop shuts sims down, destroying all my work! I just wait a moment and start it up again. Yes, your progress may me lost, but luckily sims isn't real time! Ps, I recommend saving every half an hour, if you're computer crashes sims like mine does! Standard smile
Message 5 of 10 (89,695 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ayseavan03 @happyhorsesimmer @Alica_Fabulous @chiwasims There are many reasons (possibilities) why an application (TS3 is an application) will crash. Many times it is unsupported hardware or outdated drivers. If your laptop is overheating and program are crashing this may be a sign of trouble. Many people use a laptop with the cooling vents blocked. Another problem is if you have pets (real pets) the animal dander tends to build up in the laptop cooling system and may cause the laptop to overheat - this problem normally won't get better. Some laptop start shutting hardware down to conserve power and this may cause the game to crash. Reasons vary from one system to another. Posting your computer's dxdiag would help. If you play TS3 on a laptop it is recommended you use the computer with the power supply plugged in and the laptop on a hard flat surface to prevent the vents from being blocked. Without more information I can only guess.

hth

Message 6 of 10 (89,687 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Command-Option- Esc for Mac, worked for me x
Message 7 of 10 (86,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much! This helped
Message 8 of 10 (66,177 Views)

★ Novice

I did shut down,still frozen.

Message 9 of 10 (6,665 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

As this thread is older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're still needing help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread and we'll take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 10 of 10 (6,654 Views)