Re: My sim is invisible... and horse-like?

by luvya2hon

Original Post

My sim is invisible... and horse-like?

★★★ Newbie

My sim is invisible, so there are thought bubbles that appear and disappear in the spot where my sim is supposedly standing, and if i select that sim, the floating green diamond thing floats above my invisible sim. I just can't see them. Even when I try to change their appearance with the mirror, it gives me no options to change the hair or anything, and the sim does not appear. ALSO: when i try to make my sim interact with other sims in the household, it gives me options like "Be bottle fed by sim" or "nuzzle" but the actions aren't carried out if i click them... It's really funny, but REALLY annoying because I can't play with him! Frown 
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

- Sims 3 for PC

- I have installed: The Sims 3: Pets, The Sims 3: Late Night, and The Sims 3:Generations

- I have never gotten anything from the sims Exchange

Message 1 of 6 (564 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have you tried resetting?

To do so:

• open up the cheat box - shift ctrl and c
  • type in: resetSim (firstname) (Surname)
  • Hit enter

Let me know what happens

Welcome to the Answer HQ!

Message 2 of 6 (554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had my Sims go invisible before. What I did was select the invisible Sim (meaning make sure the diamond is above him/her), then have the Sim do something that requires him/her to change clothes (like going for a swim, taking a shower, going to bed, workout, etc.)

I don't know if it will work for you or not but it worked for me so it's worth a try, I guess.

Message 3 of 6 (544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now whenever I open up that 'world' -if you will- The game crashes. I have other saved games/worlds that I can play but when I open that one it just crashes. Frown I don't know what to do!

Message 4 of 6 (540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't had mine crash yet so I'm not sure what to do there.

If you still want to play with that household, then you could start over. Whether the household is premade or one you created, it should already be saved in your library.

Sorry I can't give you more help.

Message 5 of 6 (536 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I find that evicting the family or the sim in question then placing it back into the hoursehold often fixes the problem of invisibility.

You sometimes find invisible sims in public and don`t know who it is but you may be lucky enough to find who it is when checking on friends of sims. Always check the friends to see if a sim doesn`t have a picture - that should tell you who was invisible at the public place.

Make good clean-up of computer which does help.

Message 6 of 6 (396 Views)