Re: My games won't update

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My games won't update

★★ Novice

I have been trying to update The Sims 3 for 2 weeks now and I am unable to do so. The download progress is at 100% but it's not finishing it. Origin says I need to restart the game to update it but there's no option for it. I have checked every forum I could find but nobody seems to know how to restart a game itself. An EA representative said on a post from someone with a similar problem to uninstall and reinstall Origin, I tried this twice all to no avail. Will I need to uninstall The Sims 3 in order to update it? (It's takes a long time to download and I would not like to do that unless I am sure it will work)

Thanks for your help,

Steph 

Message 1 of 10 (588 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

It worked. My game is up and running and I have successfully update to the newest version (I also installed my expansion pack) :D thanks for all you help

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (534 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@MeTime012 Is your computer a pc or mac? What is the version of your game now?

Message 2 of 10 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@roberta591 I am using a PC (Windows 7), and my game is at 1.6.7.

Message 3 of 10 (573 Views)

Hero

Is the game or the launcher running in any way ?

Could you post a screenshot of that Origin error you're getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict 

There is no error message it just never finishes the update.. I have attached 2 files.

Both  the launcher and the game are running.

Message 5 of 10 (552 Views)

Hero

Can you try this for Sims 3 instead of 4

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/HOW-TO-Fix-problem-when-Sims-3-or-4-won-t-reinstall/td-p/5415196

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried and there's no The Sims 3 folder inside the EAInstaller folder, thanks for all your help I'm just gonna resort to plan H and uninstall the sims and origin and reinstall them both after. Thanks so much for trying lol my computer just seems to hate this game! xD 

Message 7 of 10 (534 Views)

Hero

Let us know how it goes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (522 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked. My game is up and running and I have successfully update to the newest version (I also installed my expansion pack) :D thanks for all you help

Message 9 of 10 (535 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear that.

Enjoy

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (512 Views)