Re: My game won't let me change the screen size.

by rumbutter

Original Post

My game won't let me change the screen size.

★★★ Newbie

Message 1 of 3 (2,452 Views)

Hero (Retired)

you can in the game options while in game hit F5 this will bring up the three dots menu then click on options and change the resolution there in the panel  or manually

close the game use task manager if you have to  to find your resoloution right click your monitor/screen you should see something that says screen resoloution clcick that to see what your screen resoloution is  then go to the electronics arts/thesims 3 there is a file named options open that search for the resolution  that is in that file then find where it says resolution , resolution for example my  resolution = 1280 1024 60  (the 60 is my refresh rate ) where it says resolution type in your screen resolution and the refresh rate make sure to have the spaces too in between the letters etc then close the document it will ask you if you want to save the changes say yes (for good measure restart the computer ) launch your game and see how it is )

so for example if your screen resolution is 980 860  and the refreshrate is 75 you need to do this  980 860 75  or the default refresh rate 0

resolutions =980 860 75

OR resolutions =980 860 0

see image for an example

Message 2 of 3 (2,445 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem but mine is kind of different, I try changing the resolution it loads, with a black screen and goes back to the size I had before. ( if that makes sense )

Message 3 of 3 (1,435 Views)