My computer broke and my Sims 3 Game was still installed, can I still transfer it to another computer?

by MeowMeloAura

Original Post

My computer broke and my Sims 3 Game was still installed, can I still transfer it to another computer?

★★ Novice

My computer broke and I didn't have a chance to install my sims 3 , I just recently got a new computer and I have my Sims 3 game disc and everything but I was wondering if it will  let me re-install it even though I didn't un-install it from my other one?

Message 1 of 9 (1,523 Views)

Re: My computer broke and my Sims 3 Game was still installed, can I still transfer it to another computer?

Community Manager

Absolutely. Just install it on your new computer.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,503 Views)

Re: My computer broke and my Sims 3 Game was still installed, can I still transfer it to another com

★ Novice

I have this exact problem. I bought Sims 3 starter pack, after a while my computer broke(not because of Sims 3), so i tried to download it to my new computer. But, when i did it told me it had already been used, so it won't let me download it onto another computer. I hope it works for you.

Message 3 of 9 (1,443 Views)

Re: My computer broke and my Sims 3 Game was still installed, can I still transfer it to another com

Hero (Retired)

Are you using the same account you originally used to register them?

Message 4 of 9 (1,438 Views)

Re: My computer broke and my Sims 3 Game was still installed, can I still transf

★★★ Newbie
I tried it wont let me tells me code has alteady been used
Message 5 of 9 (1,039 Views)

Re: My computer broke and my Sims 3 Game was still installed, can I still transf

★★★ Newbie
It wont let me tells me the code has already been used HELP
Message 6 of 9 (1,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I also have this problem! Worse thing is that my Sims 3 games don't even appear in the library so I can't just download them either.

Message 7 of 9 (984 Views)

Hero

@CHydra32 wrote:

I also have this problem! Worse thing is that my Sims 3 games don't even appear in the library so I can't just download them either.

Did you register them before ? Were they bought new or used ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! I had the same problem fairly recently. It  wouldn't let me re-download sims but when I went through Origin, it did let me play through that. That's the best suggestion I have! <3 

Message 9 of 9 (874 Views)