My Sims 3 won't stop crashing

by EilishRowan

Original Post

My Sims 3 won't stop crashing

★★ Novice

Last Friday I played the Sims 3 all day, it didn't crash or anything, I saved my game and when I returned to it today it starts crashing. It lets me play for about five minutes before completely crashing, a little sign comes up saying that another program has stopped the Sims 3 from working. I don't know what though. I recently deleted all my cc would this have anything to do with it?

Message 1 of 10 (865 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 won't stop crashing

Hero (Retired)

See all of these links for crashing and lagging:

Here are also some other links that might help you:

If none of the above help you in any way, please answer the following questions: (Thanks to Crinrict)

See if this helps as well: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/ISSUE-Sims-3-Minimizing/td-p/3230209

Message 2 of 10 (860 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, the above links didn't solve my issue.So I will answer the others.

I use Windows 8.

The launcher does start, the game plays for around 5-10 minutes before crashing. It will let me play, I can select the family I want to play with and about 5 minutes of playing with them it crashes.

When it does crash, an error message comes up saying "A problem has occured that stopped the Sims 3 from work. Windows is looking for a solution, and will notify you if one is found." However no solution is found.

Not all my installed games show up on Origin, and my Origin is also having a problem downloading at the moment, so it won't connect to the internet.

I have either version 1 or 2 of the base game.

I am currently using Avast Antivirus software.

I have a mix of disc versions and downloads.

I have about 6 files ending in xctp

I will post my DxDiag next. Thanks for any help

Message 3 of 10 (857 Views)

★★ Novice

It was too long to post completely, so here is a link to it.

http://pastebin.com/JDKwYyxB

Message 4 of 10 (856 Views)

Hero

How many EPs do you have ? Does it only happen on a certain save game or also if you start a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (847 Views)

★★ Novice

I have most of the EPs, 17 in total. And the game crashes on all games, whether it be an old game or a brand new game.

Message 6 of 10 (838 Views)

Hero

Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (833 Views)

★ Novice
Did you ever solve your problem because that is exactly what is happening to me.
Message 8 of 10 (816 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Did you try all the suggestions posted above?

Message 9 of 10 (810 Views)

★ Novice
Yes I did. Compatibility mode worked for a few days but isn't anymore. I'm extremely frustrated. I rarely have time to play but have lately and now I'm dealing with this.
Message 10 of 10 (805 Views)