My Sims 3 game updated after 3 years of no updating.

by SulfuricYZ490

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 3 game updated after 3 years of no updating.

★★ Novice

My Sims 3 game updated after 3 years of no updating and I now can't reinstall store content. It says to get the latest update even though it had a weird 2017 update. I tried repairing my game and then trying to reinstall it and it says the same thing. My Custom Content remains but the items I bought in game now won't install even though they were installed at one point.

Message 1 of 11 (678 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 3 game updated after 3 years of no updating.

Hero (Retired)

@SulfuricYZ490 It may be possible you have to redownload the items for the store. I think (not sure) that the store items were upgraded when the game was migrated to Origin. My game went through several patches when it migrated to Origin and I'm not sure what each patch did. Try deleting one item and redownload the item and see if you can make it work.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (627 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@SulfuricYZ490  What is the version of the game now? Does the game appear in Origin?

Message 2 of 11 (653 Views)

★★ Novice

There is no new version that I can see and the game does appear in Origin.

Message 3 of 11 (647 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SulfuricYZ490  Does the launcher open? The version is in the lower left of the launcher. If the game is in the launcher then the game should be at version 1.69. The Sim 3 used to push updates (patches) and then there was the 1.67 manual super patch (the patch of all patches). Where the items you bought in game in the purchase history of the sims 3 store at thesims3.com?

Message 4 of 11 (634 Views)

★★ Novice

The version is 1.69 issued yesterday.

Message 5 of 11 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SulfuricYZ490 Are you using the Steam version of the game? What items are you having issues with?

Message 6 of 11 (613 Views)

★★ Novice

No I am using the Origin version and I'm having issues with in-game store content like outfits and home objects. Not Custom Content but actual Maxis made buyable content.

Message 7 of 11 (603 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SulfuricYZ490 If you go into the download tab of the game launcher do the items show as installed?

Message 8 of 11 (588 Views)

★★ Novice

No they are shown as  before installed and needing installed but when I install them it says on the after assessment that there was an error in installing and that I need to make sure to have downloaded the latest updates which I obviously have.

Message 9 of 11 (584 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SulfuricYZ490 It may be possible you have to redownload the items for the store. I think (not sure) that the store items were upgraded when the game was migrated to Origin. My game went through several patches when it migrated to Origin and I'm not sure what each patch did. Try deleting one item and redownload the item and see if you can make it work.

Message 10 of 11 (628 Views)