Re: My Sims 3 game keeps minimizing itself

by unkinown

Original Post

My Sims 3 game keeps minimizing itself

★★★ Newbie

I just recently got a new laptop and installed Sims 3 into it, the game worked great the first couple of days but after a while it kept minimizing it self and sending me back to my home screen. At first I assumed it was a issue of my Norton Security running in the background so I suspended it for a hour to see if my game would still minimize itself and it did. I also updated to the new patch offered by the Sims 3 game and it still minimized itself. I do have origin and I have no clue if that could be the reason the game is minimizing itself.. I also have windows 8 but I make sure to exit out of everything before I start my Sims game. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix my problem I would be so thankful to hear from you...

Message 1 of 5 (15,020 Views)

Hero

1. Close the game (kill it if necessary) 
  2. Click Start or press the Windows key and R, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK. (could be different depending on your OS) 
  3. Click on Startup.
  4. Select disable All.
  5. Click on Services.
  6. Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.
  7. Apply, then restart your system.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (14,943 Views)

★ Apprentice

thanks for the help just want to say that it works good as well once you have done that but i know its a pain in the back side while your playing sims 3 and it keeps mimimizing  i know this works as ive tried it my self and it did sort out the problem  and i say thanks to you for the advice . but would like to say tho its a pain some times when you have to keep doing that for the game to work since oragin took over the sims 3 Game its never been the same when ea games had it  we never had thees stuiped problem so oragin if you read this please help us all and send us a patch that works insted of sending us the * that messes things up thanks 

Message 3 of 5 (10,891 Views)

★ Apprentice

EA games we miss you lol

Message 4 of 5 (10,890 Views)

Hero (Retired)

they are pretty much done with Sims 3 if your game is minimizing  try this

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/ISSUE-Sims-3-Minimizing/m-p/3230209#M169666

Message 5 of 5 (10,878 Views)