Re: My Sims 3 game keeps freezing every few seconds

by Shellfrahm

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Islo Paradiso is fun with the house boat thing on the water, yes, but not being on the water helped me... i returned to the dock and i didnt really get lag for a while...

Message 21 of 45 (14,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the problem that is happening is that sims 4 came out so the makers aren't making any more updates on the sims 3 and the sims 3 is bugged right now.I'm getting the same problem it keeps pausing every 45 seconds and it's really making me mad. so really there are ways to make it better but no way to stop it. Im probable gonna get sims 4 because I love the sims and I don't wanna stop playing it. I hope I could help you outStandard smile

@angiidoll wrote:

After browsing so many threads and forums on this freezing issue and trying many methods, which i wasted a whole night doing, all i had to do was change my framerate from default to 60. It worked for me hopefully it works for you :/

Message 22 of 45 (14,448 Views)

★★ Novice

how do i exactly go to that page, so i can change it?

Message 23 of 45 (14,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I change my frame rate? I'm so new >.<

Message 24 of 45 (14,209 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Tried setting it to 60 works well still a bit laggy tho but way better !

Message 25 of 45 (14,165 Views)

★ Novice

yeah mine does the same thing it's so annoying and mine stays like that for about 50 sec or less so if anyone figures out how to stop it from doing that please tell me and I got it for Christmas this year December 25th 2015 Friday

Message 26 of 45 (13,950 Views)

★ Novice

yeah mine does the same thing it's so annoying and mine stays like that for about 50 sec or less so if anyone figures out how to stop it from doing that please tell me and I got it for Christmas this year December 25th 2015 Friday

Message 27 of 45 (13,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My game does exactly the same thing, changed my frame rate and that didnt make it better at all. So annoyed because I love the expansion pack!
Message 28 of 45 (13,924 Views)

★ Novice

Make sure you have nothing running in the background and no peripherals, liked a phone or MP3 player, plugged in to your system.  Windows will stop pr5ocessing the top program to check on the peripherals every minute or two - it is really annoying.

Message 29 of 45 (13,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I also had the same
What worked for me is
Right click on the sims 3 in the origin app and select repair
Hope it will work with you
I have 4 gbs of ram and a core i7
I have all the expansions but into the future and im in the ip world
The game is working ok now
Message 30 of 45 (13,908 Views)