Re: My Sims 3 game keeps freezing every few seconds

by angiidoll

Original Post

My Sims 3 game keeps freezing every few seconds

★★★★ Novice

I recently downloaded the Island Paradise expansion pack digitally. I'm not sure if downloading it digitally from Origin is the cause, but my game freezes every 10 or less seconds and stays frozen for about 5 seconds. Everything moving around my sim keeps playing, but my sim just stand there frozen. I just don't know why it's doing this. It's never happened before. This is also my third expansion pack. And I know digital downloads, they download to your hard drive and you don't need to use the disc anymore. Is that what is possibly making it freeze? Please and thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 45 (266,707 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think it would be digital downloads but it could be you don't have enough RAM memory running it's happened to me before and I need more RAM and a new grpahics card but before you go out and buy this stuff, (because it's expensive) check your RAM rate and if you have a graphics card. It would be useful to know if you have a laptop or a desktop computer and how old/new  your PC is.

Message 2 of 45 (266,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have a laptop and i've had it for a year and 2 months now

Message 3 of 45 (266,193 Views)

Hero

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (266,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got the same expantion mine does the same thing your is, ram is not a problem with my computer.

Message 5 of 45 (266,156 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

After browsing so many threads and forums on this freezing issue and trying many methods, which i wasted a whole night doing, all i had to do was change my framerate from default to 60. It worked for me hopefully it works for you :/

Message 6 of 45 (265,401 Views)

Hero

@angiidoll Thank you for that input.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 45 (265,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
It works! Still plays up a little on island paradise thingyo but on my other world's it is fantastic
Message 8 of 45 (260,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got the island expansion and my game is doing the same thing. I downloaded it from orgin too. I've never had it freeze before but other people are saying theyre copied are freezing too so i think the expansion pack is just glitchy.

Message 9 of 45 (258,074 Views)

★ Novice

This has now begun happening in my game. I played it with no problem since it came out, have made no recent major changes, and do not have the Paradise expansion pack. My laptop is over a year old, runs Windows 8.1. I have also begun getting a script error message when the launcher opens, (which never happened before either) and I just click yes and the game starts with no problem. Since this is a new occurance for me, I don't understand what the problem could be. I installed S3 on this laptop when I first bought it and it worked fine the whole time! Please help!:catfrustrated:

Message 10 of 45 (257,634 Views)